Nominations for the 2024 Most Powerful Women in Accounting awards are now open. The award, presented by CPA Practice Advisor, in conjunction with the AICPA & CIMA Women’s Initiative, recognizes women leaders who have made significant contributions to the accounting and finance profession in the calendar year 2023 only.
The award, now in its twelfth year, was created by CPA Practice Advisor to promote and support the success of women leaders as part of its broader mission of sustaining the profession. The program is now jointly administered with the AICPA & CIMA. Candidates are nominated by their peers, and selections are made by a group of independent judges using the following criteria. The candidate:
- Plays an active role in innovation and excellence within her organization, with that role carrying over and also being visible to the accounting profession at large. Examples include creating and/or overseeing new programs for modernization, enhancing productivity, improving profitability;
- Is a top leader in the accounting profession or in an organization that serves the accounting profession, and her leadership has had demonstrable effects during 2023;
- Acts a mentor, sponsor and/or role model, and someone who stands out in her ability to encourage and help those around her thrive and flourish. This includes attention to inclusivity and supporting and inspiring others within the profession;
- Contributes to the future of the profession, is influential, and has a positive and visible impact on the accounting profession through writing, speaking, educating, and any other ways of extending herself beyond her own organization; and,
- Represents the accounting profession through participation in her community and outside organizations.
“The Most Powerful Women in Accounting awards is a wonderful opportunity for peers to nominate and celebrate the achievements of women who they feel are trailblazers in this profession,” said Crystal Cooke, director of diversity and inclusion at AICPA & CIMA. “Their leadership is inspirational and motivational to those who hope to follow in similar steps behind them, so it’s important that they are amplified and that we can all see the contribution that they make every day.”
“It is our privilege at CPA Practice Advisor to participate in the selection process for the Most Powerful Women in Accounting each year,” said Gail Perry, CPA, editor-in-chief at CPA Practice Advisor. “Recognizing them with this award honors and highlights the women who are leading the profession, forging new paths, and setting examples for others to follow.”
The nomination period for the 2024 Most Powerful Women in Accounting awards will run from Nov. 13, 2023, through Jan. 15, 2024. The selections will be announced at AICPA ENGAGE 2024, held in Las Vegas from June 3-6.
Individuals can nominate themselves or others here.