Professionals on the Move is a round-up of promotions and hiring announcements in and around the accounting profession.
Citrin Cooperman Announces 2022 Partner Promotions
Citrin Cooperman recently released their 2022 promotion announcement, consisting of 26 newly admitted partners and one executive director, effective October 3, 2022.
The newly admitted partners include:
- Wesley Cascone, Philadelphia, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Rajinder Chawla, New York City, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Kelly DiChiaro, White Plains, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Conor Flanagan, Braintree/Woburn, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Shawn Henderson, Livingston, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Kieran Higgins, Advisory, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Gareth Jones, California, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Kimberly Kraemer, New York City, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC, Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP
- Suzy Lee, Florham Park, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Prabhjot Manchanda, New York City, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Corey McCusker, Braintree/Woburn, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC, Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP
- Christopher McLane, Advisory, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Krenar Melja, New York City, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Joseph Nieradka , New York City, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC, Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP
- Molly O’Marra, Providence, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC, Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP
- Kelly Pegler, White Plains, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Andrew Reilly, Florham Park, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Luke Rendine, Florham Park, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Catherine Sabol, White Plains, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Patrick Sacchetti, New York City, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC, Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP
- Douglas Shiner, Philadelphia, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Jeffrey Stuart, White Plains, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
- Svetlana Troyakov, New York City, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
The newly admitted partners of Citrin Cooperman CPM, LLC include:
- Trenton Hubley, Advisory, Citrin Cooperman CPM, LLC
- Greg Maloomian, Advisory, Citrin Cooperman CPM, LLC
- Christopher McCarthy, Advisory, Citrin Cooperman CPM, LLC
- Brendan Suggett , Advisory, Citrin Cooperman CPM, LLC
The newly promoted executive director of Citrin Cooperman India is:
- Ishita Doshi, India, Citrin Cooperman India
Versapay Appoints Fintech Veteran as New Chief Product Officer
Versapay, the leader in Collaborative Accounts Receivable (AR), recently announced the appointment of Craig Walker as its Chief Product Officer. Walker will own product strategy and execution to deliver advancements in the company’s accounts receivable automation technology and payment network that connects nearly a million buyers and suppliers.
Walker joins the company during a period of rapid growth that includes the acquisition of DadeSystems, a strategic partnership with American Express, key C-suite hires, and the introduction of the industry’s only fully-integrated platform to connect AR teams with their customers and digitize the entire invoice-to-cash cycle.
Before Versapay, Craig was co-founder and founding CTO of Xero, a SasS small business accounting platform with over 4,000 employees, three million customers, and $1 billion in revenue. In his new role, Craig will lead the Versapay product organization with a customer-obsessed approach to advance the product roadmap, prioritize technology investments, and adapt the product line for international markets.
Fast-Growing AuditClub Names Sarah Timmons Chief Auditor
AuditClub, the Audit Service Center for CPA Firms, recently announced that Sarah Timmons, an 11-year veteran of public accounting, has joined AuditClub as a Chief Auditor based on the East Coast. Sarah will work with CPA firms of all sizes and provide fractional on-demand support for commercial, nonprofit and government audit and assurance engagements.
Timmons joins AuditClub in advance of the upcoming traditional busy season during which firms of all sizes may be struggling to complete their client deliverables in a challenging labor market with limited qualified talent.
Timmons holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Florida Gulf Coast University and a Master of Accounting from Florida State University. A licensed CPA, Timmons has primarily led audit and assurance engagements for various nonprofit, public sector, and state and local government entities. As a resident of Avon Park, Timmons enjoys quick escapes to the beach with her family, taking only the necessities: a fishing pole, a good book and all the sandcastle tools.
Schneider Downs Announces Expansion of Management Team
Schneider Downs, one of the 60 largest certified public accounting and business advisory firms in the United States, recently announced the following additions to their management team.
Roger Spears, Cybersecurity Project Manager
Mr. Spears has over 18 years of experience within the IT and Cybersecurity disciplines. He has spent his career leading dynamic teams on both small- and enterprise-level projects. He has previously served as Chief Technology Officer, Cyber Security Training Coordinator and in other related positions for employers in the higher education sector and, most recently, for the U.S. Navy. He will serve a broad array of Schneider Downs’ cybersecurity clients in similar capacities.
Mr. Spears received his Bachelor of Science in Technology from Bowling Green State University and his Masters of Science in Information Assurance and Security from Capella University.
Michael Divens, CFA, SDWMA Research and Due Diligence Manager
Mr. Divens is an investment professional with over six years of experience analyzing all aspects of companies for investment decisions, as well as in constructing investment portfolios for clients. He has previously served in Chief Investment Officer, Chief Operations Officer and Investment Analyst roles for large firms as well as in Project/Process Engineer positions in multiple industries.
Mr. Divens attended Carnegie Mellon University, where he received his Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering. He then received his Executive Masters of Business Administration from the University of Pittsburgh.
Perkins Coie Grows Personal Planning Practice and Texas Presence with New Partners
Perkins Coie, an international law firm known for providing high-value, strategic solutions, recently announced that Abigail Rosen Earthman and Stephanie Loomis-Price have joined the firm’s Personal Planning practice as partners in the firm’s Dallas and Austin offices, respectively. The two partners are joining as co-chairs of the firm’s Tax & Fiduciary Litigation Industry Group. Abigail and Stephanie both join Perkins Coie from Winstead PC.
Abigail counsels high-net-worth individuals and corporate and private trustees and provides legal counsel with respect to trusts, estates, and beneficiaries, as well as estate administration. She frequently litigates on tax issues, including estate matters and generational transfers, and has managed cases before the U.S. Tax Court. She also counsels on audits and negotiations with the IRS.
Stephanie litigates high-stakes cases and advises a wide range of clients, including executors, trustees, and beneficiaries, as well as business owners and families, in tax-related litigation and audit risk mitigation strategies. She also advises clients on federal gift and estate tax litigation, as well as state fiduciary and probate controversy matters. Stephanie has practiced in front of the IRS, the U.S. Tax Court, county probate courts in Texas, several U.S. courts of appeals, and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Abigail earned her J.D. and M.S., magna cum laude, from Texas Tech University, her B.S. from Baylor University, and her LL.M., with distinction, from Georgetown University. Stephanie earned her J.D., cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center, her B.A., with honors, from Austin College, and her M.S. from John Hopkins University.
KSM Promotes 18 Team Members to Director
KSM has recently promoted 18 team members to director.
KSM Indianapolis Office:
- Allison Allen – Director, Audit & Assurance
- Kari Baker – Director, Audit & Assurance
- Ben England – Director, Audit & Assurance
- Lesley Freeman – Director, Healthcare
- Jennifer Grady – Director, Business Advisory
- Laura Gualdoni – Director, Tax Services
- Julia Harcourt – Director, Business Advisory
- Megan Hudson – Director, Real Estate
- Grace McNulty – Director, Real Estate
- Tim Mosier – Director, Tax
- Tim Murphy – Director, Audit & Assurance
- Stephen Short – Director, Audit & Assurance
- Victoria Snyder – Director, Tax
- Logan Stamps – Director, Business Advisory
- Matt Svenstrup – Director, Transaction Advisory Services
KSM Fort Wayne Office:
- Corey McSweeney – Director, Audit & Assurance
- Josey Seabolt – Director, Business Advisory
KSM New York Office:
- Mohit Desai – Director, Business Advisory