Howard Telson, CPA, MST – 2022 40 Under 40 Honoree
Senior Tax Manager
- Lead subject matter expert on Crossborder Solutions’ tax provision (ASC 740) software
- Collaborates with product managers and software developers to implement tax accounting rules in a best-in-class tax provision software, geared at leveraging the latest technology to disrupt an arena that has historically lagged in innovation
- Host and participant on a technical tax podcast, The Fiona Show: Tax Provision, where Howard is interviewed on technical tax and tax accounting topics, and interviews other leaders in the profession, including academics and tax policy experts
- Author of a variety of tax technical articles, whitepapers, and blogs
- Prior to joining CrossBorder, Howard worked at KPMG for over six years, most recently as a Manager in the Business Tax Services group
- Howard holds a CPA license in New Jersey and a Master’s in Taxation from Georgetown University.
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
Howard contributes back to the accounting community by serving as an Adjunct Professor of Taxation at Fairleigh Dickinson University, where he teaches in the Masters of Taxation program. In addition, Howard supports his local community through holding a leadership position as the Chair of the Governance Committee on the Junior Board of Directors at Children of Bellevue, a Non-Profit organization which supports the pediatric patients at New York City’s Bellevue Hospital, the oldest public hospital in the country.