Nominations for 2020 CPA Practice Advisor’s “40 Under 40” and “20 Under 40 Influencer” Awards are now being accepted.
Recognizing the most influential young members of the accounting profession. They’re accomplished, they’re passionate, they’re disrupting – and they’re just getting started.
CPA Practice Advisor is proud to sponsor the accounting profession’s annual 40 Under 40, and 20 Under 40 Influencer awards with the goal of honoring, following, and encouraging the future leaders of the profession as they forge a new direction.
The 40 Under 40 Awards spotlight the top practicing public accountants, educators and thought leaders who are leading their profession by visibly and incrementally changing the accounting profession through their exemplary leadership, their innovative thinking, their collaborative efforts to provide unity to the profession across the generations, and their community outreach which extends the visibility of the profession outside the workplace.
The 20 Under 40 Influencers program similarly honors professionals at technology vendors who are leading the way in developing the constantly evolving technology and firm processes that allow practitioners to be more productive, efficient and profitable, as they help firms build practices that will endure and thrive.
If you know someone deserving of this recognition, please let us know. (Multiple nominations do not increase an individual’s likelihood of being selected.) There are no costs involved in the program, either for the person making the nomination, or for the person being nominated, regardless of if they are selected.
The deadline for nominations is August 15, 2020.
Nominations are open for this prestigious recognition. Here are the rules and expectations:
- Candidates should be working in the accounting field, or supporting the field (public, private, tax preparation, consulting, academia, government) and have not turned 40 as of August 31, 2020. (Please note that candidates who are employed by a vendor serving the accounting profession are also eligible for nomination and will be considered for our “20 Under 40 Influencer” commendation).
- Candidates can nominate themselves, or can be nominated by their peers, their colleagues, and their fellow professionals in the accounting profession.
- Candidates should have achieved a recognizable level of success and record of achievement.
- Candidates should be people who are likely to remain in the profession and continue to build on their achievements.
- Candidates should have demonstrated accomplishments off the job as well as on the job, in such areas as community and civic involvement, mentoring, volunteering, board membership, and so on.
- Candidates should be energetic, ambitious, innovative, the types of people who stretch boundaries.
- Candidates should demonstrate superior, game-changing work performance by utilizing, embracing, and perhaps introducing new processes, technologies, solutions to existing procedures.
- Candidates should be the people who help others, the best and the brightest, the ones who are driven to making changes and who have the ability and expertise to see the changes through to fruition.
- Candidates should be visible in the profession – speaking, training, writing, connecting, educating, participating in professional associations.
Multiple nominations do not increase the chance for being selected. All nominees will be reviewed by our panel of judges, and the individuals may be contacted directly to provide additional information on their background and career. The selection of the 40 Under 40 honorees is made by the editorial staff and members of the CPA Practice Advisor community.