The top technologies for tax and accounting professionals were honored on Tuesday at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The 16th annual Tax & Accounting Technology Innovation Awards were presented by CPA Practice Advisor during a special ceremony at the Accounting & Business Show – LA. The event, held July 23-24, gathered more than 2,500 financial professionals from across the country for more than 130 accounting and tax education sessions, 150 speakers, and keynote speakers.
The Tax & Accounting Technology Innovation Awards honor new technologies that help accounting firms and their small business clients operate more efficiently and profitably through improved workflow, increased accessibility, or enhanced collaboration. Award winners are selected by CPA Practice Advisor’s editorial advisory board, which includes more than two dozen thought leaders in the profession.
“These awards recognize new technologies that dramatically enhance the ability of accounting professionals to provide services to their clients and run their own firms,” said CPA Practice Advisor Editor-in-Chief Gail Perry, CPA. “As the tax and accounting profession continues to evolve, these new technologies and workflows are a key element to firm productivity, efficiency, and their ability to increase profitability.” Perry also manages a tax practice and is the author of more than 30 books, including Mint.com for Dummies, and Idiot’s Guide to Introductory Accounting.
CPA Practice Advisor provides a variety of independent digital and print resources for accounting professionals, including practice resources, technology reviews, interactive tools and content that helps firms achieve greater productivity. Learn more about the Innovation Award winners and finalists in the August issue of CPA Practice Advisor.
2019 Innovation Award Winners:
2019 Innovation Award Finalists:
- Doc.It Connect, a secure portal site that allows accounting firms and clients to share, sign, and manage financial statements, tax returns, invoices, reports, and other documents. Learn more: http://cpapracticeadvisor.com/21088367
- Wolters Kluwer CCH Axcess IQ, which empowers users with predictive intelligence to help analyze their CCH Axcess Tax data, matching potentially impacted clients with tax legislation change triggers. Learn more: http://cpapracticeadvisor.com/21088364
- Node40 Balance, a sophisticated suite of tools that achieve compliance with both AICPA recommendations and IRS guidance through specific identification of every individual piece of cryptocurrency bought, sold, transferred or held by a business. Learn more: http://cpapracticeadvisor.com/21088366
- ADP Accountant Connect, a free cloud-based, mobile-friendly platform that connects accountants to their ADP clients’ payroll data, industry-leading practice management tools and tax resources, industry market research reports and more. Learn more: http://cpapracticeadvisor.com/21088368
In addition to this year’s winners and finalists, 20 other products were nominated for the 2019 Tax & Accounting Technology Innovation Awards:
- Avalara AvaTax for Hotels & Motels
- Bill.com Intelligent Virtual Assistant
- Bloomberg Tax’s Estate, Gift & Trust Portfolio
- Canopy Tax Prep
- Cellutionware Software Depreciation Calculator
- CPApp, LLC
- ExpensifyApproved! University
- HCVT Treehouse
- Intuit Prep for Taxes
- Intuit QuickBooks Online Advanced
- Lukka, Ink Crypto Office
- Paychex Accountant HQ
- Sage Intacct Interactive Custom Report Writer
- Taxfyle Outsourcing
- Thomson Reuters Authenticator Cards
- Thomson Reuters OnBalance Express
- Wolters Kluwer CCH AnswerConnect Tax Assistant
- Wolters Kluwer CCH Axcess Financial Prep
- Wolters Kluwer CCH ProSystem fx Engagement Organizer