FORVIS, LLP celebrated its first anniversary on June 1, 2023, following a year defined by robust growth, continued excellence in client service, and the rollout of the firm’s cultural DNA.
The top 10 accounting and advisory firm formed on June 1, 2022, via the merger of equals of legacy firms BKD and DHG—the largest such move in the accounting industry in more than two decades. The new firm took on a new name, FORVIS, representing the firm’s forward vision and focus on preparing for what’s next.
Across 72 office locations in 28 states, team members are celebrating “FORVIS Day” with office festivities and the launch of a book authored in-house and given to each employee, titled “Unmatched Client Experience: The FORVIS Way in Action.” The hardcover book illustrates the firm’s approach to culture and client service via oral histories and lessons learned through more than 100 years of experience in the marketplace.
“A year ago, we came together to form a new firm built on a forward vision of incredible possibilities and unlimited potential,” said FORVIS CEO Tom Watson. “We were confident we could create something truly special, and we have. The passion and effort our people have poured into FORVIS are impressive and inspiring. We are unlocking potential for each other, for our clients, and for our communities every day.”
Highlights of FORVIS’ first year include:
- An expanding team – With 6,000 team members today, the firm has seen a net increase of more than 500 people since the merger. The growth in headcount has occurred across all levels and service lines.
- Double-digit growth – With new market permission as a top 10 firm, FORVIS is winning new work with clients across all the industry segments it serves, leading to double-digit revenue growth compared to one year ago.
- New markets – The firm has opened new offices to better serve clients in the South Florida and Toronto markets.
- New offerings – With a keen focus on innovation, FORVIS has launched or significantly enhanced several new products in the market this year and launched a new subsidiary, TALENT SHIFT, aimed at engaging gig workers.
- Sustained excellence in client service – FORVIS maintains a Net Promoter Score of 84, significantly higher than the industry’s average of 39 in 2022, making it one of ClearlyRated’s Best of Accounting award winners.
- Giving back – Through the FORVIS Foundation, the firm has donated to the communities it serves around the country, including a $500,000 gift to the United Way of Collier and the Keys to support ongoing hurricane recovery efforts on Florida’s southwest coast.