Accounting & Audit
Illinois CPA Society Announces 2023 Outstanding Leadership Award Recipients
The ICPAs annual Outstanding Leadership Awards program celebrates distinguished leaders within the CPA community through a variety of prestigious awards.
Apr. 21, 2023
The Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)—one of the largest state CPA societies in the nation—has announced the honorees of its annual Outstanding Leadership Awards program, which celebrates distinguished leaders within the CPA community through a variety of prestigious awards.
“It’s such a privilege for us to be able to honor those who have gone above and beyond in their service to our organization and the accounting profession,” says Geoffrey Brown, CAE, ICPAS president and CEO. “These remarkable professionals truly embrace our mission of ‘enhancing the value of the CPA profession.’ Their achievements—and the positive change and contributions they help bring to us, their organizations, and their communities—are inspiring and illustrate in so many ways that CPAs are invaluable. Congratulations to all our award recipients.”
ICPAS will formally present awards to the following honorees at the Leadership Recognition & Awards Dinner in Chicago this June:
Lifetime Achievement Award
The Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest honor bestowed on a member who has demonstrated distinguished service to ICPAS and the accounting profession.
- Daniel F. Rahill III, CPA/PFS, JD, LL.M., CGMA | Wealth Strategist, Wintrust Wealth Management
Women to Watch Awards
Women to Watch Awards are presented in two categories—Experienced Leader and Emerging Leader—to recognize women who have made significant contributions to the accounting profession, their organizations, and to the development of women as leaders.
- Beth A. Mueller, CPA | Partner, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Melissa E. Struck, CPA | Principal, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Starletta Forson, CPA | Senior Tax Consultant, Deloitte LLP
Lester H. McKeever Jr. Advancing Diversity Awards
Presented in two categories—Outstanding Leader and Emerging Leader—Lester H. McKeever Jr. Advancing Diversity Awards recognize individuals who are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the accounting profession.
- Kimi L. Ellen, CPA | Co-Founding Partner, Benford Brown & Associates LLC
- LaToya C. McKinney, CPA, MSAA | Senior Business Process & Control Analyst, Abbott
Outstanding Educator Awards
Awarded to educators at Illinois colleges and universities, the Outstanding Educator Award honors those who have made considerable contributions to the education of accounting students through their leadership, teaching excellence, and active involvement in the accounting profession.
- Emily G. Jurgens, CPA | Assistant Professor, Harold Washington College
- Madeline K. Trimble, Ph.D. | Director of Graduate Accounting Programs and Associate Professor, Illinois State University
Young Professionals Leadership Award
The Young Professionals Leadership Award recognizes a young professional who has demonstrated outstanding leadership skills in his or her career, in public or community service, and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Kiara R. Schuh, CPA | Senior Consultant, Deloitte LLP
Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award
The Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award honors an organization for its outstanding service and commitment to the Illinois CPA Society’s CPAs for the Public Interest volunteer initiatives.
- PKF Mueller
Distinguished Service Awards
The Distinguished Service Award is bestowed on ICPAS members who display a commitment to excellence by taking on extra challenges and responsibilities in their volunteer service roles.
- Robert J. Fiedler Sr., CPA – Robert J. Fiedler, CPA | Chicago South Chapter
- Richard F. Gaul, CPA – RSM US LLP | Governmental Report and Review Committee
- Jody A. Gauthier, CPA – FORVIS LLP | Not-for-Profit Organizations Committee
- Geoffrey J. Harlow, CPA – Wipfli LLP (Retired) | CEO Search Committee and Media Expert
- William C. Keirse, CPA – Ernst & Young LLP | Accounting Principles Committee
- Genevra D. Knight, CPA – Porte Brown LLC | Audit and Assurance Committee
- Daniel R. Lisella, CPA – BDO USA LLP | Accounting Principles Committee
- Gregory J. Pierce, CPA – DeMarco, Sciacotta, Wilkens & Dunleavy LLP | Peer Review Report Acceptance Committee
- Amber Sarb, CPA – RSM US LLP | Audit and Assurance Committee
- Dean R. Snider, CPA – Snider McCree CPAs LLC | Governmental Report and Review Committee
The award winners list and their photographs can be viewed here [www.icpas.org/about-us/icpas-awards/2023-award-recipients].