Katie Thomas, CPA – 2022 40 Under 40 Honoree
Leaders Online, LLC
- Valedictorian, Undergraduate in Accounting, University of Kansas
- Valedictorian, Post Graduate: Masters in Accounting, University of Kansas
- Passed all four CPA exams on the first attempt, with a cumulative 94 average.
- Tax Accountant at EY
- Owner and Founder of Leaders Online, a digital marketing firm for accountants and professional service providers looking to increase their impact, influence, and income. The size and experience of firms we work with vary, as some firms are in the top 100 and some are just getting started.
- I have a large social media community with over 42,000 LinkedIn followers, 22,000 Facebook followers, 9,500 Instagram followers, 1,600 Youtube subscribers, and 1,800 Twitter followers.
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
I invest heavily into educating my online audience of accountants through social media, blogs, newsletters, a Facebook group, and other online outlets, so no matter the firm’s resources, they have access to the education and resources to create their online presence. I’m a member/volunteer of the AICPA Tax Profession Strategic Advisory Group, a small curated group that meets to discuss how to better the AICPA and its profession. I’m the founder of a book club for accountants who meet weekly to discuss how to grow as an accountant and to discuss real-life social issues/how to navigate them.