Jessica E. McClain, CPA, CITP, CISA, PMP, CGFM – 2022 40 Under 40 Honoree
Chief Financial Officer
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital
- 11 years in public accounting working for firms such as KPMG, LLP and Grant Thornton, LLP
- Part-Time Adjunct Accounting Professor at Nichols College
- 2022 Outstanding Accounting Leader of the Year – NABA DC Chapter
- 2022 Washington Business Journal 40 Under 40 Honoree
- 2021 Controller of the Year: Not-for-Profit category – Controller’s Council
- 2021 MACPA Women to Watch Award Winner – Emerging Leader
- Black CPA Centennial’s 40 Under 40 Black CPA Award Winner
- The Daily Record 2021 VIP List Honoree
- 2021 AICPA Outstanding Young CPA Award Winner
- Practice Ignition Top 50 Women in Accounting 2020
- 2020 and 2021 CPA Practice Advisor 40 Under 40 Professional
- The Daily Record 2020 Leading Women Award Winner
- 2020 AICPA Leadership Academy Graduate
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
I am a champion of the profession, using my platform to influence the future of the profession through speaking at conferences and on panels, being on podcasts, and being featured in articles and blogs about diversity, equity & inclusion, and the profession’s pipeline. I volunteer with the profession at a national and state level because I am committed to supporting the next generation of accountants to succeed in our ever-evolving profession. I also serve as a mentor to young students and CPA candidates. Lastly, I use my accounting skills and business acumen to give back, serving as the Chair of the Audit & Governance Committee for Maryland 529 and as the National Treasurer of Omicron Delta Kappa.
- Unstuck and Unstoppable by Jeannine K Brown
- Dear Accountant Podcast – Host Cecilia Leung
- She Leads Now – Host Sabine Gedeon
What do you like best about the accounting profession?
I am so enthusiastic about the accounting profession and what it has to offer. There are vast opportunities to do engaging work. You can work in various industries, from banking to media and entertainment to healthcare. Accountants work in academia and for not-for-profits which is what I do. Accountants even work in emerging areas such as ESG and digital transformation. Every organization needs accountants as we are the backbone of an organization’s business operations.