Alexandria Romero, CPA, MPAcc – 2022 40 Under 40 Honoree
Director of Finance
City of Pueblo, Colorado
- 2022 Outstanding Young CPA Award; American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- 2022 Colorado State University Department of Accounting Hall of Fame inductee
- 2022 Leadership Pueblo graduate; Greater Pueblo Chamber of Commerce
- 2021 CPA Practice Advisor, 40 Under 40 Accounting Professionals
- 2021 Women to Watch Emerging Leader Award; Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants
- 2021 Outstanding Woman Award nominated by the Pueblo Library Foundation; Pueblo City- County Library District
- 2019-2020 Sandy Stein “In Her Heels” Award for exemplary service; Junior League of Pueblo
- 2019 40 Under 40 Emerging Leaders Award; Pueblo Latino Chamber of Commerce
- 2019 AICPA Leadership Academy graduate; American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- 2019 CPAs Make a Difference Heroine Award; Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants
- 2018 Most Valuable Club Member; Southern Colorado Runners Group, Inc.
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
With my volunteer work at a local, state, and national level, I strive to endorse and educate young professionals on the accounting profession and career possibilities. It is important to help young professionals build networks of individuals that they can reach out to throughout their accounting career. I am committed to aiding accounting professionals to realize their full potential and their ability to give back to the profession. I value promoting the accounting profession and growing our field, for the betterment of our communities and the profession as a whole.