The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA) has launched its thirteenth annual food drive to benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey. Both physical and online donations will be accepted at various locations throughout the state from Sept. 26 through Nov. 18.
The Community FoodBank serves 15 counties in the state, distributing food to charities, soup kitchens, emergency shelters, food pantries and other places of need. Last year, the FoodBank provided food for more than 85 million meals through its network.
Financial donations can be made online at njcpa.org/fooddrive. Non-perishable, non-expired food donations can be dropped off at the office locations listed below or by appointment at the NJCPA offices in Roseland (contact Kim Condurso at email@example.com or 862-702-5634). The participating organizations include the following:
- Alloy, Silverstein, Shapiro, Adams, Mulford, Cicalese, Wilson & Co. | 900 N. Kings Highway, Suite 100, Cherry Hill
- Bowman & Company LLP | 601 White Horse Road, Voorhees
- Capaldi Reynolds & Pelosi CPAs, PA | 332 Tilton Rd, Northfield
- CFGI | 340 Madison Ave #3, New York, NY
- Deloitte & Touche LLP | 100 Kimball Drive, Parsippany
- Gold Gerstein Group | 505 Pleasant Valley Ave, Moorestown, NJ
- Haefele Flanagan | 1000 S. Lenola Rd. Building 2, Suite 200, Maple Shade
- Paymedia LLC | 383 Ridgedale Avenue, Suite 2A, East Hanover
- PKF O’Connor Davies | 20 Commerce Dr #301, Cranford
- The Green Group | 900 Route 9, Suite 601, Woodbridge
- The SKC Foundation | 1Mars Court, Suite 1, Boonton Township
- Wagner Shields & Moini LLP | 210 New Road, Unit 9, Linwood
- WilkinGuttenplan | 1200 Tices Lane, East Brunswick
- Wiss & Company, LLP | 100 Campus Dr Suite 400, Florham Park
- zbt Certified Public Accounting & Consulting, LLC | 11 Broadway, Clark
The food drive is hosted by the NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council, an appointed leadership group that addresses the needs of NJCPA members with up to 10 years of experience, including aspiring CPAs and new licensees. The Council is looking to meet or exceed 2021’s collection of approximately 2,700 pounds of nonperishable items and canned goods and $38,100 in online contributions. Since 2010, the NJCPA has donated more than 20,000 pounds of food items to the FoodBank.
“Each year we are incredibly grateful for the amount of donations provided to help lessen food insecurity in New Jersey. Hunger is everyone’s responsibility. It’s satisfying to see so many in our accounting community assist,” said Zachary Cohen, CPA, manager at CFGI and chair of the NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council.
“Our members are extremely generous. We appreciate all their time and involvement in the food drive and in helping fellow New Jerseyans reduce hunger across the state,” said Ralph Albert Thomas, CPA (DC), CGMA, CEO and executive director at the NJCPA.