Accounting & Audit
The AICPA and CPA Practice Advisor ‘Most Powerful Women in Accounting’ Awards – 2022
The AICPA and CPA Practice Advisor have announced the recipients of the 2022 Most Powerful Women in Accounting awards, which recognize each for their significant contributions to the profession. The awards were presented during a ceremony at the ...
Jun. 17, 2022
The AICPA and CPA Practice Advisor have announced the recipients of the 2022 Most Powerful Women in Accounting awards, which recognize each for their significant contributions to the profession. The awards were presented during a ceremony at the AICPA ENGAGE conference at the Aria Hotel and Resort in Las Vegas, on June 8, 2022.
Women are increasingly becoming the face of public accounting and financial management. The most recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (2021: https://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat11.htm) found that 62 percent of all accountant and auditor roles are now held by female professionals. Women are also increasingly assuming leadership roles within firms. While still only about 27% of firm partners and principals are women, they now account for a third of management committee roles, about double that of a decade ago, according to Catalyst.org’s 2020 data (https://tinyurl.com/3t5pyw8h).
As new generations of accounting professionals aspire to leadership roles in the profession, it is inspiring to look to those who have attained those ranks ahead of them. The AICPA and CPA Practice Advisor partner each year to honor those professionals as the Most Powerful Women in Accounting, women who have emerged as the most influential leaders shaping the profession. While many are directly engaged in client-serving practice, others help lead the profession through professional organizations, as consultants, or in media, academia, technology development or other influential roles.
Qualifications for selection for the Most Powerful Women in Accounting Awards, which have been presented annually since 2012, include:
- She has been the driving force to create a culture of excellence, innovation, and inclusion. If she is a vendor, she has helped to develop the technologies and solutions that will empower organizations to be more productive and profitable.
- She is one of the top leaders in the accounting profession and her leadership has had a demonstrable effect upon the accomplishments of the organization with which she is associated.
- She is a mentor, sponsor, and a role model, someone who stands out in her ability to encourage and help those around her thrive and flourish.
- The work she does is influential and is having a positive impact on the accounting profession as a whole.
The 2022 Most Powerful Women in Accounting:
- Lara Abrash, CPA – Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- Tommye Barie, CPA – Succession Institute
- Arianna Campbell, LSS Black Belt – Boomer Consulting
- Erin Collins, J.D. – IRS National Taxpayer Advocate
- Patricia Cummings, CPA – Citrin Cooperman, LLP
- Sarah Elliott, CPA, PCC – Intend2Lead LLC
- Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, CPA.CITP, CGMA, CISA – KET Solutions, LLC
- Janet Foutty – Deloitte LLP
- Kelly Grier, CPA – Ernst & Young
- Orumé Hays, CPA, CGMA, MST – Hays CPA
- Allison Herren Lee, J.D. – U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
- Dawnella Johnson, CPA – Crowe LLP
- Lexy Kessler, CPA, CGMA – Aronson LLC
- Tamera Loerzel – ConvergenceCoaching, LLC
- Carla McCall, CPA, CGMA – AAFCPAs
- Guylaine Saint Juste, SHRM-SCP, CAE – NABA Inc.
- Elizabeth Pittelkow Kittner, CPA.CITP, CGMA, DTM – ILTA
- Kecia Williams Smith, CPA, Ph.D. – North Carolina A&T State University
- Danielle Supkis Cheek, CPA, CFE, CVA – MindBridge AI
- Michelle L. Thompson, CPA – Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Amy Vetter, CPA.CITP, CGMA – The B Method Institute
- Tracey Walker, CCD-AP, COB – RSM US, LLP
- Sandra Wiley – Boomer Consulting
- Erica Williams, J.D. – Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Jennifer Wilson – ConvergenceCoaching LLC
Nominations for the 2022 awards were open to the public on the AICPA and CPA Practice Advisor websites, with final selection of recipients determined by an independent panel of judges. Nominations for 2023 will open in November 2022 at the Women’s Global Leadership Conference..