The Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS), one of the largest state CPA societies in the nation, has announced the recipients of its prestigious 2022 Outstanding Leadership Awards.
“It’s my privilege to honor these diverse and deserving individuals for their remarkable achievements and generous contributions to both our organization and the accounting profession,” says Todd Shapiro, ICPAS president and CEO. “We’re truly fortunate to have such inspiring members supporting our mission of enhancing the value of the CPA profession and paving the way for future CPAs to achieve success and bring positive change to the profession and their communities.”
ICPAS presented awards to the following honorees, who will be formally recognized at the Leadership Recognition & Awards Dinner in Chicago this June:
Lifetime Achievement Awards
The Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest honor bestowed on a member who has demonstrated distinguished service to ICPAS and the accounting profession.
- William Flowers, CPA | Chief Financial Officer – Cedille Chicago
- Theodore Mandigo, CPA, MBA, ISHC | Director – T.R. Mandigo & Co.
Women to Watch Awards
In partnership with the ICPAS Women’s Committee and Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, Women to Watch Awards are presented in two categories—Experienced Leader and Emerging Leader—to recognize women who have made significant contributions to the accounting profession, their organizations, and to the development of women as leaders.
- Nicole Szczepanek, CPA | Tax Partner – Baker Tilly LLP
- Kelly VanCura, CPA | Trust Solutions Partner – PwC LLP
- Emily Bartlett, CPA | Senior Manager, Assurance – CDH PC
- Stephanie Keller, CPA | Manager – CLA LLP
Lester H. McKeever Jr. Advancing Diversity Awards
Presented in two categories—Outstanding Leader and Emerging Leader—the Lester H. McKeever Jr. Advancing Diversity Award recognizes individuals who are committed to advancing diversity in the accounting profession.
- Nerissa Brown, Ph.D., CFE | Associate Professor of Accountancy, PwC Faculty Fellow, Academic Director of BSA/MAS Programs, and Associate Director of Residential Graduate Programs – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Sergio Rodriguez, CPA | Global Employer Services – Deloitte LLP
Outstanding Educator Awards
Awarded to educators at Illinois colleges and universities, the Outstanding Educator Award honors educators who have made significant contributions to the education of accounting students through their leadership, teaching excellence, and active involvement in the accounting profession.
- Natalie Churyk, Ph.D., CPA | William F. Doyle Endowed Professor of Accountancy – Northern Illinois University and Editor-in-Chief – Journal of Accounting Education
- Paul Croitoru, CPA, MBA, MSA | Professor – Wilbur Wright College
- Nadia Schwartz, M. Acc, CPA | Associate Professor – Augustana College
Young Professionals Leadership Award
The Young Professionals Leadership Award recognizes a young professional who has demonstrated outstanding leadership skills in his or her career, in public or community service, and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Kenneth Mason, CPA, MBA | Founder & CEO – Equibis
Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award
The Time and Talent Public Service Volunteerism Award honors an organization for its outstanding service on Illinois CPA Society or CPAs for the Public Interest volunteer initiatives.
- Adelfia LLC
Distinguished Service Awards
The Distinguished Service Award is bestowed on ICPAS members who display a commitment to excellence by taking on extra challenges and responsibilities in their 2021-2022 volunteer service roles.
- Andrew Allen, CPA – Deloitte LLP | MTWW Scholarship Selection Committee
- Sarah Beckman, CPA – CPA Associates PC | Peer Review Report Acceptance Committee
- Thomas Blaze, CPA, MST – RSM US LLP | Tax State & Local Committee
- Jennifer Culotta, CPA – Plante Moran PLLC | Not-for-Profit Organizations Committee
- Pedro Diaz de Leon, CPA, CFE, CIA – Accume Partners | Diversity Advisory Council
- Karen Fleming, CPA – BKD CPAs & Advisors | Tax Estate, Gift & Trusts and Tax Executive Committees
- Jim Gerace, CPA – BDO USA LLP | Audit & Assurance Services Committee
- Mark Gilbert, CPA, PFS – Reason Financial Advisors LLC | Insight Columnist
- Stan Green, CPA – Larry J. Wolfe Ltd. | Tax Practice and Procedures Committee
- Michael Hartley, CPA – Crowe LLP | Cannabis Content Advisory Group
- Mark Heroux, CPA – Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP | Tax Practice and Procedures Committee
- James Javorcic, CPA – CBIZ & Mayer Hoffman McCann PC | Audit & Assurance Services Committee
- William Keirse, CPA – Ernst & Young LLP | Accounting Principles Committee
- Phillip Levsky, CPA – FGMK LLC | Tax Practice and Procedures Committee
- Dorri McWhorter, CPA, CIA, CITP, CGMA – YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago | Black CPA Centennial
- Kim Meyer, CPA – Hudgens & Meyer LLC | Peer Review Report Acceptance Committee
- Randy Miller, CPA – Hawkins Ash CPAs LLP | Peer Review Report Acceptance Committee
- Charlene Rhinehart, CPA, PMP – GoodRX | Tax Individual Committee
- Fay Rofalikos, CPA – Green Thumb Industries | Cannabis Content Advisory Group
- Joe Roznai, CPA, CGMA – MichaelSilver | Tax Advisory Group
- Taylor Schuck, CPA – PKF Mueller | Cannabis Content Advisory Group
- Michael Singer, CPA – Michael J. Singer & Company PC | Tax Practice and Procedures Committee
- Marcy Steindler, CPA – Mann Weitz & Associates | Not-for-Profit Organizations Committee
- Nathan Summers, CPA – Miller, Cooper & Company Ltd. | Cannabis Content Advisory Group
- Donald Tidrick, Ph.D., CPA, CMA, CIA – Northern Illinois University | Ethics Committee
- Andrew VanSingel, Esq. – Internal Revenue Service | Tax Practice and Procedures Committee
- Jennifer Williams, CPA – Pillar Financial Services | Tax Practice and Procedures Committee
- Larry Wolfe, CPA – Larry J. Wolfe Ltd. | Tax Practice and Procedures Committee
The award winners list and their photographs can be viewed at http://www.icpas.org/2022awardwinners.