Rachel Byers, Ph.D, CPA – 2021 40 Under 40 Honoree
Partner and Graduate Accounting Professor
Byers, Byers, & Associates PC and Purdue University Global
My career has taken many twists and turns in the past few years, however, some career highlights are:
- PhD at the young age of 27
- Has contributed to growing firm revenue over 10x since 2008
- Various publications in the Journal of Accounting and Finance and the Journal of International Finance Studies
- Mobile Bay Magazine’s “Top 40 under 40” Award (2020)
- Outstanding Faculty Award, School of Business, Kaplan University (2017)
- “Graduation with Distinction” – Honors Graduate, Capella University (2012)
- Honors Graduate, Culverhouse School of Accountancy, University of Alabama
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
- Board of Directors, Treasurer, The CORE Project, Inc., 501(c)(3) (2019-current)
- Member of the Capital Campaign for the Women’s Program Committee of The Shoulder, 501(c)(3) (2019-current)
- Board of Directors, Treasurer, The Seven Project, Inc., 501(c)(3) (2018-current)
- Board of Directors, Treasurer, Friends of the Wild Whoopers, Inc, 501(c)(3) (2017-current)
- Head Coach for Southern Spirit Softball, a local 501(c)(3) (2014-current)
- Board of Directors, Treasurer, Daphne Girls Softball Association, a local 501(c)(3) (2012-2014)
- I wish I had more time to read or listen to podcasts, but unfortunately I don’t. ☹ And my kids dictate our radio so there’s a lot of “kid bop” and today’s hits!
What do you like best about the accounting profession?
“I love getting to be involved in the success our clients in such a variety of industries.”