Kenneth J. Healy, CPA – 2021 40 Under 40 Honoree
Diversified Financial Solutions, PC
- Received the Naugatuck YMCA Robert Whittemore (Unsung Hero) Award in 2014
- Recognized by the Connecticut Alliance of YMCAs for the active involvement, tireless dedication, and continued support of the Naugatuck YMCA with the Salute to Volunteers award in 2015
- Named one of the ‘New and Young Professionals to Watch’ by the CTCPA as an emerging leader in the accounting profession in 2016
- Received the St. Francis – St. Hedwig School of Naugatuck Distinguished Alumni Award in 2017
- Recognized as one of the ’40 Under 40 in the Accounting Profession’ by CPA Practice Advisor in 2018 and 2020
- Received the Sage Circle of Excellence in Accounting Award for Community Spirit in 2019
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
I believe that accountants are called to serve their clients and also support their local communities. This belief has led me to volunteer my time to many local charitable and civic organizations. I have served as the Allocations Committee chair, 2018 campaign chair and as the past president for the United Way of Naugatuck and Beacon Falls, and have held various leadership positions with the Naugatuck High School Alumni Association and the Saint Francis School Foundation. I have also volunteered as an instructor for the Connecticut Economic Development Fund through the Liberty Bank Small Business Academy. This allows me to provide financial knowledge to new and emerging small businesses within my community.
- Ed Kless
- Darren Root
- Phil Yaeger
- John Garrett
- CPA Practice Advisor
- Accounting Today
- “What’s Your And?” – John Garrett
- “Emyth” – Michael Gerber
- “Leadership and Self-Deception” – The Arbinger Institute
- ”Old Man and the Sea” – Ernest Hemingway
What do you like best about the accounting profession?
Over the last two years, our role as being a trust advisor has increased tremendously. Navigating complex new tax laws and COVID assistance programs have been very rewarding as our clients have been able to qualify for the Employee Retention Credit, Paycheck Protection Program, SBA EIDL Loans, Families First Coronavirus Response Act, and the Restaurant Revitalization Fund, just to name a few. These programs have enabled many of our small business to remain open and allowed their employees to continue to receive their paychecks during the pandemic.