Kathryn K. Horton, CPA, CMA, CIDA, CFE – 2021 40 Under 40 Honoree
Kathryn K. Horton CPA PA
- Received the 2017 North America CaseWare IDEA User of Excellence Award
- 2021 AICPA Leadership Academy
- Awarded the 2020 FICPA Emerging Leader Woman to Watch
- 2020 Florida TaxWatch Citizenship Institute Graduate
- 2020 and 2019 CPA Practice Advisor National 40 Under 40 Honoree
- 2019 FICPA Horizon Award Honoree
- Graduate of the FICPA Emerging Leaders Program Class II
- Graduate of Leadership Fort Lauderdale Class XXII
- Speaker at the 2021 IMA Annual Global Conference (Topic: Data Analytics)
- Speaker at the 2020 and 2018 National IDEA Conference (Topic: Data Analytics)
- Speaker at the 2020 FICPA Florida CPA Summit (Topic: Data Analytics)
- Speaker at the 2020 FICPA Mega Conference (Topic: Data Analytics)
- Speaker at the 2020 FICPA Florida Universities Conference (Topic: Data Analytics)
- Speaker at the 2020 FICPA Common Interest Realty Associations Conference (Topic: Data Analytics)
- Featured speaker for the IDEA Masters Webinar Series
- Participant at the 2020 and 2019 FICPA Emerging Leaders Summit
- 2019 Young Leaders National Accounting Think Tank participant (hosted by CPA Practice Advisor)
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
- Volunteer with various non-profits, including Project Downtown Fort Lauderdale, Gilda’s Club of South Florida, Habitat for Humanity, Covenant House, Firewall Centers, Feeding South Florida, Salvation Army and HANDY.
- 2019 Over the Edge participant for Gilda’s Club of South Florida (fundraising effort by rappelling off the 17-story AutoNation building in downtown Fort Lauderdale)
- Fundraising Committee Member for Gilda’s Club of South Florida
- Annual FICPA Day of Service project lead and volunteer
- Guest speaker on Data Analytics for college students throughout the US in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Mentor to accounting students and young CPAs.
Favorite Influential Speaker: Mark Nigrini