Cassidy Jakovickas, CPA.CITP, CGMA – 2021 40 Under 40 Honoree
President & CEO
MBS Accountancy Corporation
- CSU, Fresno Summa Cum Laude and Outstanding Accounting Graduate and current mentor to college accounting students
- Co-founder of MBS Accountancy Corporation
- Fresno Leading Young Professionals Small Business of the Year Award
- Top 10 on Fresno’s Fastest Growing Companies list
- Fresno 40 under 40
- Accomplished writer with over 40 articles published by the Intuit Tax Pro Center, Intuit Firm of the Future, Bill.com, and the Central Valley Business Journal.
- Intuit Accountant Council 2019-2020
- QuickBooks Online Advanced Certified ProAdvisor since 2017
- Fresno Chamber of Commerce Leadership Fresno Class 33 Treasurer
- Audit committee member for the CSU Fresno Athletic Corporation
- CalCPA Fresno board member and speaker
- Experienced investor and board member of the Fresno State Innovation and Entrepreneurship Alumni and Friends organization
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
It’s well known that there is a shortage of accounting talent in today’s market. We need to be talking to future accountants much earlier. Our Fresno Chapter of CalCPA has been presenting to high school students about the benefits of choosing accounting as a career. For college students that are pursuing an accounting degree, we need to help them prepare for entering the workforce and understanding the accounting path that will best fit their interests. Mentoring Fresno State accounting students and other young accounting professionals has been incredibly rewarding.
Favorite books/websites/podcasts/speakers/bloggers that you find influential
What do you like best about the accounting profession?
I believe the accounting profession is one of the most challenging and rewarding careers out there. If you’re curious and love solving problems, accounting will keep you on your toes. You are constantly exposed to interesting people, clever business ideas, and new technology to make your work more efficient. Often you are the most trusted advisor to your client and can help shape their business. Despite outdated perceptions from outsiders, accountants are such a fun and creative group of people, which makes the profession and work about as good as it gets.