Caleb L. Jenkins, EA, CQP – 2021 40 Under 40 Honoree
Leader of Client Accounting Services
RLJ Financial Services, Inc.
- Started my career working for my dad’s accounting firm RLJ Financial Services, Inc. in January 2009.
- Became a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor in 2010 at age 16.
- Joined the TSheets PRO Council in February 2016.
- Joined the SF Bay Area Woodard Group as a Co-Leader in April 2016.
- Honored to receive the Top Up-N-Comer ProAdvisor award in May 2016.
- Honored to receive the Top 100 ProAdvisor award in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Honored to receive the CPA Practice Advisor 40 Under 40 award in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Honored to receive the Philanthrophic Excellence award in November 2016.
- Joined the Intuit ProConnect Customer Council in August 2017.
- Joined the ADP Accountant Advisory Board in November 2019.
- Started a Podcast Series with Joe Woodard and Chris Farrell in January 2020.
- What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
- In 2013, I started volunteering for the Christian Aid Ministries: SALT Program. My primary role now with SALT includes, teaching on business & economics, writing tutorials and guides, providing valuable accounting support to be in compliance with local government authorities and US reporting requirements, reviewing systems and processes for the various countries, and participating in a leadership role to the SALT program globally. The SALT program now operates in over 16 countries. I have developed partnerships with a number of apps to provide accurate accounting, data imports, scanning, hosted desktop, intelligent reporting and powerful data analytics to empower the SALT team to make wise decisions on how to help those in material chronic poverty find a way to sustainable economic freedom in the future.
- You can learn more about my involvement with the SALT program through the following resources:
- Article on Accounting Today: https://www.accountingtoday.com/opinion/caleb-jenkins-of-rlj-financial-services-brings-his-accounting-skills-and-generosity-to-haiti
- Podcast on What’s Your And?: https://thejohngarrett.com/episode-251-caleb-jenkins/
- Favorite books/websites/podcasts/speakers/bloggers:
- Books – Patrick Lencioni is my all-around favorite business author.
- Stuart McLeod with the Accounting Leaders Podcast
- John Garrett with the What’s Your And? Podcast
- Blake Oliver & David Leary with the Cloud Accounting Podcast
- John Maxwell with The John Maxwell Podcast
- Darren Root with the Better Every Day Podcast
- Andy Stanley with the Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast
- Patrick Lencioni with the At The Table Podcast
- Joe Woodard with the Scaling New Heights Podcast
- What do you like best about the accounting profession?
- Accounting is all about connections. Debits equal credits and vice-versa but you can’t have one without the other. Connections are really the same thing as Relationships. There’s always a giving and receiving aspect in Accounting. Because accounting is similar to relationships we are really in the relational profession which is really cool because we can make a really positive impact in the lives of those we serve. The accounting profession is a very close knit community that cares about each other and generally wants to help each other succeed. We’re all in this together to help our customers thrive in the midst of ever changing circumstances.