Richard Laviña, CPA – 2020 20 Under 40 Honoree
CEO and Co-Founder
- After earning my degree in accounting and working briefly at a CPA firm, Laviña landed a coveted gig at one of the Big Four accounting firms, as an auditor for PwC. There, he saw a big opportunity in the market that led him to think of starting my own company.
- Co-founded Taxfyle in 2015 with millions in venture capital investment, alongside two business partners, Michael Mouriz (COO) and Will Sahaditjan (CTO).
- Today, Taxfyle boasts a network of more than 3,000 certified tax pros across the U.S., technically making it one of the largest CPA firms in the country.
- In 2020, Laviña was named to the South Florida Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” list
- In 2020, Inc. Magazine ranked Taxfyle No. 74 on its annual Inc. 5000 list, which ranks privately held American companies based on three-year revenue growth figures
- Taxfyle has been ranked the No. 1 Tax Time App on the Apple App Store four out of five years.
Favorite books/websites/podcasts/speakers that you find influential:
- Divina Commedia – Dante
- Fear and Trembling – Kierkegaard
- Crime and Punishment – Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Man’s search for Meaning – Viktor Frankl
“I love books that dive into the human ethos. We’re such complex beings that I’m always interested in learning more about what drives us.”