Rebekah Brown, CPA – 2020 40 Under 40 Honoree
Director of Development,
Maryland Association of CPAs and The Business Learning Institute
- Three years in public accounting before leaving to work on behalf of CPA profession at MACPA/BLI
- Eight years at MACPA/BLI, moving from Firm Learning Consultant, to Membership Manager and now a member of the leadership team as Director of Development
- Business Learning Institute Thought Leader, presenting and facilitating workshops for firms, corporations, standard bodies (IESBA, IAASB and PCAOB) and non profit associations.
- Certified Insights to Action Facilitator, facilitating strategic plans (both in person and now virtual) for firms, nonprofits and firm associations.
- 2020 Maryland Daily Record Leading Women Recipient
- NABA Baltimore Chapter 2019 Community Service Award Recipient
- 2018-2019 AICPA Inclusion Champion
- MACPA Leadership Academy, Instructor
- MACPA Student Leadership Academy, Founder & Instructor
- Junior Achievement of Central Maryland Associate Leadership Council
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
What a year it has been. Throughout the turmoil of 2020, one thing stood out to me most, community. Even while “social distancing”, I witnessed tremendous community and collaboration among the CPA profession. My role allows me to engage this great community everyday in conversations that matter. This is what excites and fuels me to keep working towards a more diverse, inclusive and collaborative profession and world. Together we are stronger. #MarylandCPAproud
Favorite Speakers/Authors: Simon Sinek, Tom Hood, Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, Joey Havens, Tim Keller, Kristin Welch
Favorite Books: Start With Why, Thanks for the Feedback, The Upside of Stress, When People are Big and God is Small, The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness