The Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) is honored to announce its 2019 Excel Award winners. Each spring, ICPAS recognizes individuals for their superior achievements in passing the Uniform CPA Exam in Illinois.
“It’s always exciting to honor the future leaders of the CPA profession. By earning the highest scores on the Uniform CPA Exam in Illinois, these outstanding individuals have set a high bar of excellence,” says Todd Shapiro, ICPAS president and CEO. “We congratulate these individuals and look forward to seeing them build successful careers as the most trusted and strategic business advisors.”
The Excel Awards were established in 1984 by the Illinois CPA Society Board of Directors to recognize new CPAs and CPA candidates for outstanding performance on the Uniform CPA Exam. Honorees must achieve a total average score of 90 or above, complete all four sections of the exam within two consecutive testing windows, and rank in the top five percentile of all Illinois Uniform CPA Exam test-takers completing all the exam requirements in the testing year. The prestigious Gold, Silver, and Bronze Medal Awards further recognize the achievements of those earning the top three scores in the state.
ICPAS is proud to present awards to the following recipients:
Gold Medal Award
- Nicholas R. Lankford – Deloitte Tax LLP | University of Kansas
- Sydney Camille Samson – Ernst & Young LLP | University of Michigan
Silver Medal Award
- Matthew Brian Bauerbach – Ernst & Young LLP | University of Michigan
Bronze Medal Award
- Ryan Matthew Rosenbaum – KPMG US LLP | Indiana University – Bloomington
- Michaela J. Reinagel – KPMG US LLP | University of Missouri – Columbia
- Emily C. Simpson – Ernst & Young LLP | University of Kansas
- Scarlett Anne Smith – Ernst & Young LLP | Indiana University – Bloomington
On behalf of ICPAS’ Board of Directors and staff, congratulations to this class of winners