College students pursuing accounting degrees are invited to apply to the Illinois CPA Society’s Accounting Scholarship Program for the 2020-21 academic year. More than 40 scholarships of up to $4,000 each will be awarded.
These scholarships support diverse and deserving future CPAs across the state and reward them for their hard work and success thus far. Applicants must be accounting students enrolled at Illinois colleges who demonstrate financial need, academic achievement, and leadership qualities.
The available scholarships include:
- Illinois CPA Society Accounting Scholarships for seniors or graduate students
- Herman J. Neal Accounting Scholarships for African American juniors, seniors, or graduate students
- James A. Sikich Visionary Scholarships for seniors or graduate students
- Jovencio P. and Violeta R. Mangahas Accounting Scholarships for seniors or graduate students
- Women’s Executive Committee Advancing Women in Accounting Scholarships for female seniors or graduate students
Students submit just one application and may apply to any or all scholarships for which they are eligible. The application deadline is April 1, 2020.
New this year, racial and ethnic minority high school seniors are invited to apply for Illinois CPA Society Freshman Scholarships. These scholarships aim to increase awareness of the accounting profession among minority students and prepare them for success in college and the profession. The application deadline is May 1, 2020.
“It’s a proud honor to support students determined to succeed as future CPAs and strategic leaders in the accounting profession,” said Illinois CPA Society President and CEO Todd Shapiro. “These are life-changing scholarships that eliminate financial barriers and help deserving scholars achieve their goals, which wouldn’t be possible without generous support from donations to the CPA Endowment Fund of Illinois.”
“This scholarship makes it possible for me to complete the final year of my master’s degree and prepare for the CPA exam,” said Jesse Wilson, a University of Illinois student who last year received a Herman J. Neal Scholarship. “It is absolutely worth the time it takes to apply.”
For more information and to apply, please visit www.icpas.org/scholarships.