Professionals on the Move: January 2020
Professionals on the move is a roundup of recent promotions and managerial changes at accounting firms across the country.
Jan. 13, 2020
Crowe Elects 34 Partners and Principals
Crowe, a public accounting, consulting and technology firm with offices around the world, has elected the following 34 new partners and principals, with new roles effective April 1, 2020.
- Sarah Allen-Anthony, Tax Services, South Bend, Indiana
- Mark Andrews, Tax Services, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Dan Balla, Audit and Assurance Services, South Bend, Indiana
- Nicholas Bennett, Audit and Assurance Services, New York, New York
- Donielle Borgo, Tax Services, San Francisco, California
- Tamara Bowen, Consulting, Chicago, Illinois
- Stephen Buckner, Audit and Assurance Services, Sacramento, California
- Giulio Camerini, Consulting, Oak Brook, Illinois
- Marc Claybon, Tax Services, Denver, Colorado
- Jamshid Ebadi, Consulting, Denver, Colorado
- Eric Ference, Advisory Services, Chicago, Illinois
- Amar Gandhi, Consulting, Chicago, Illinois
- Kevin Gilbreath, Tax Services, Nashville, Tennessee
- Mike Grob, Consulting, Chicago, Illinois
- Sharon Jones, Tax Services, South Bend, Indiana
- Paul Jordan, Advisory Services, South Bend, Indiana
- Robert Kollar, Advisory Services, Atlanta, Georgia
- Kristin Kranich, Tax Services, San Francisco, California
- Michael Levy, Tax Services, New York, New York
- Dave McKnight, Consulting, Chicago, Illinois
- Sergei Mytko, Tax Services, Los Angeles. California
- Chris Oliva, Tax Services, New York, New York
- Kyle Owens, Firm Risk Management, Oak Brook, Illinois
- Corey Pfeifer, Tax Services, New York, New York
- Bryan Rector, Consulting, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Art Salvadori, Audit and Assurance Services, Hartford, Connecticut
- Doug Sayad, Audit and Assurance Services, Oak Brook, Illinois
- AJ Schiavone, Tax Services, Columbus, Ohio
- Beau Schwegman, Audit and Assurance Services, Livingston, New Jersey
- Nicole Spiker, Audit and Assurance Services, Columbus, Ohio
- Janelle Sprinzl, Audit and Assurance Services, Livingston, New Jersey
- Kristin Steinhauser, Tax Services, Columbus, Ohio
- Gayle Woodbury, Consulting, Off-site
- Leslie Yates, Audit and Assurance Services, South Bend, Indiana
BKD Names New National Leader
BKD CPAs & Advisors recently announced that John Kmetz is the new national leader for the firm’s private equity practice. Kmetz succeeds Jerry Henderson, who is transitioning into the role of regional managing partner for BKD’s National Advisory Services region.
A partner in BKD’s Kansas City office, Kmetz has more than 20 years of experience working with private equity and venture capital groups. In his new role, Kmetz provides financial statement audits of public and private companies in the manufacturing, service, retail, technology and software industries. He also oversees a variety of attest and advisory engagements related to acquisitions, revenue recognition and stock-based compensation.
Weaver Expands Real Estate Practice with the Addition of Richard Edwards
National certified public accounting firm Weaver, one of the 35 largest public accounting firms in the United States, recently announced that Richard (Rick) Edwards has joined the firm to expand the depth and capabilities of its real estate service offerings. Edwards has more than 15 years of experience valuing a wide range of real estate assets across the U.S. and internationally, and will be a managing director, leading the real estate valuation group. Before joining Weaver, Edwards was the founder and managing partner of Greystone Realty Group, a Dallas-based real estate valuation and consulting firm, and a senior vice president who co-led Houlihan Lokey’s real estate valuation and advisory practice, where he provided real estate valuation analysis for financial reporting, trust and estate, portfolio valuation, fairness opinions for mergers and acquisitions, and leasehold analyses. Edwards will be based in Weaver’s Dallas office.
EisnerAmper General Counsel Shari Savitt Named a Crain’s 2020 Notable Woman in Law
EisnerAmper, one of the largest professional services firms in the world, recently announced that principal and general counsel Shari Savitt has been named to Crain’s New York Business’ prestigious list of “Notable Women in Law for 2020.”
This annual editorial feature celebrates female lawyers who have had a significant impact on New York City through their professional, civic and philanthropic achievements.
Shari has 25-plus years of experience in the legal and accounting fields, advising the firm on all aspects of its business, including transactions, litigation, regulatory compliance, information security and risk management. She is a member of Women of EisnerAmper and works within the accounting and legal professions to train and develop women accountants and lawyers. She has a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law.