Accounting & Audit
Megan D. Lewczyk, CPA, MAcc – 2019 20 Under 40 Honoree
Sep. 23, 2019
Megan D. Lewczyk, CPA, MAcc
Owner, Megan D Lewczyk, CPA, LLC
Megan Lewczyk is a CPA, location independent entrepreneur, lifelong learner. She started her career at KPMG in the IT attestation department in Denver. Before that, she attended the University of Denver and graduated summa cum laude with her undergraduate degree in general business and her master’s degree in accountancy.
In 2012, she decided to take the leap and pursue her passion for helping create the next generation of CPAs. Megan is extremely passionate about meaningful instructional design and technology’s role in accounting now and in the future. Over the last 7 years, she has specialized in technical accounting content development for her clients, including ghostwriting.
Megan was appointed in May 2017 as the Chief Operating Officer at Yaeger CPA Review after joining the company in 2015, and she performs duties as a fractional COO and consultant. In this role, she has modernized the Yaeger CPA Review organization’s business processes, SEO, digital marketing, automation, and IT systems. She also assists with day-to-day operations and translating strategic goals into reality.
She serves as an adjunct accounting instructor for several online universities and has been featured on several podcasts in the past year. She currently lives in Kailua, Hawaii with her husband, Jonathan, and dog, Liberty. She has had the honor of being selected as a 20 under 40 Superstars Who Are Helping to Advance the Accounting Profession by CPA Practice Advisor from 2017 to 2019.
Favorite books I’ve read in 2019:
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- The E-myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
What websites/magazines do you use to keep up on news of the accounting profession?
- Cloud Accounting Podcast https://www.cloudaccountingpodcast.com/
- Journal of Accountancy https://www.journalofaccountancy.com/
- Going Concern https://goingconcern.com/
- CPA Academy https://www.cpaacademy.org/
- CPA Practice Advisor cpapracticeadvisor.com
- Accounting Today accountingtoday.com