Accounting & Audit
Kathryn K. Horton CPA, CMA, CIDA – 2019 40 Under 40 Honoree
Sep. 23, 2019
Kathryn K. Horton CPA, CMA, CIDA
President, Kathryn K. Horton, CPA PA
Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Received the 2017 U.S. IDEA User of Excellence Award
- Fundraising Committee Member for Gilda’s Club of South Florida
- Featured speaker on Data Analytics for the 2019 FICPA Tech Innovations Conference
- Featured speaker on Data Analytics for the 2019 FICPA Accounting Show
- Featured speaker for the IDEA Masters Webinar Series
- Committee Member for Leadership Fort Lauderdale Class XXIII, XXIV, XXV and XXVI
- Graduate of Leadership Fort Lauderdale Class XXII
- Panelist at the 2018 FICPA Accounting and Business Show
- Participant at the 2019 FICPA Emerging Leaders Summit
- FICPA Emerging Leaders Program Class III Regional Advisor
- Graduate of the FICPA Emerging Leaders Program Class II
- Received the 2019 FICPA Horizon Award
- Featured in Florida CPA Today magazine
- Speaker at the 2018 National IDEA User Conference
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
Kathryn is the 2019 – 2020 Vice Chair of the FICPA Young CPA Committee. Kathryn is a Curriculum Committee Member for Leadership Fort Lauderdale and a Regional Advisor for the FICPA Emerging Leaders Program. Kathryn also serves as a Fundraising Committee Member for Gilda’s Club of South Florida. She is an active volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, Covenant House, HANDY, Firewall Centers and Gilda’s Club. Kathryn is also active with the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, the Accountant/Attorney Networking Group of Florida and the Leadership Fort Lauderdale Alumni Group. Kathryn also participates in the annual FICPA Day of Service.
Favorite books/websites/speakers that you find influential
- Favorite Influential Speaker: Mark Nigrini
What do you see yourself doing professionally in 10 years?
My goal for the future is to be a creative thought leader structured by the holistic character qualities of genuine integrity, honest perception and servant leadership.
What accounting conferences do you normally attend?
- FICPA Accounting Show
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Industry Conference
- National IDEA User Conference
What websites/magazines do you use to keep up on news of the accounting profession?
- Analytics Insights
- Strategic Finance
- Accounting Today
- Journal of Accountancy
- CPA Practice Advisor
- Florida CPA Today