Accounting & Audit
Caleb L. Jenkins, EA, CQP – 2019 40 Under 40 Honoree
Sep. 23, 2019
Caleb L. Jenkins, EA, CQP
Leader of Client Accounting Services
RLJ Financial Services, Inc.
- Officially started my career working for my dad’s accounting firm RLJ Financial Services, Inc. in January 2009.
- Became a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor in 2010 at age 16.
- Joined the TSheets PRO Council in February 2016.
- Joined the SF Bay Area Woodard Group as a Co-Leader in April 2016.
- Honored to receive the Top Up-N-Comer ProAdvisor award in May 2016.
- Honored to receive the Top 100 ProAdvisor award in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- Honored to receive the CPA Practice Advisor 40 Under 40 award in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- Honored to receive the Philanthrophic Excellence award in November 2016.
- Joined the Woodard Advisory Council in March 2017.
- Joined the Intuit ProConnect Customer Council in August 2017.
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
- Started volunteering for the LAMB Services Prison Ministry in 2010: Responsible for managing the chaplain program and the volunteer program.
- Started volunteering for our national church denomination’s website as a webmaster in 2012: Responsible for leading the webmaster team and the teams that report to the webmaster team.
- Started volunteering for the Christian Aid Ministries: SALT Program in 2013 – Teaching accounting and business principles as well as leading the accounting and technology systems implementation and management for developing countries in Haiti and about 10 other developing countries.
- I have also written various articles and spoken at multiple events encouraging my fellow accountants to find ways to give back to their community in primarily non-material ways using their gifts to make a difference in their world of influence.
Favorite books/websites/speakers that you find influential
- Joe Woodard: I wouldn’t be where I’m at today if it wasn’t for Joe because he has invested so much into my life. Joe’s leadership in the Accounting profession and his passion for it is tremendous and incredibly impactful.
- Darren Root: I’ve learned so much from Darren over the past few years. He’s got an incredible grasp on where this profession is headed in the future.
- Ron Baker: I would be missing one of the key individuals that I’ve learned from if I didn’t include Ron. His grasp of business and pricing is second to no one else.
- Misty Megia: The world would be a less caring and empathetic place if it wasn’t for the leadership and friendship of Misty. She’s had a powerful influence in my life.
- All of Patrick Lencioni: Patrick’s grasp of business and organizational health is tremendous and his ability to write extremely powerful books that connect a fable to real life is impactful.
- All of Ron Baker
- All of Darren Root
What do you see yourself doing professionally in 10 years?
In 10 years, I see myself continuing to teach and lead accounting professionals to embrace the disruption that is being caused by advancement in technology and to become more “human” in our interactions with those we are serving. I think there is a tremendous opportunity to build deep human relationships that are transformative in nature which will lead us into the next level of advisory services with those we are serving.
What accounting conferences do you normally attend?
- Scaling New Heights – every year
- QuickBooks Connect – every year
- Rootworks Firm Retreat – every year
- Intuit ProConnect Customer Council Meetings (Spring & Fall) – every year
- Accountex USA
- Accounting & Finance Show LA
- CPA Practice Advisor 40 Under 40 Symposium
- Woodard Institute Summit
What websites/magazines do you use to keep up on news of the accounting profession?