Robert Allen, CPA, CFE, CTL, MBA, MSIS, ALMI
The Allen CPA Firm
- American Intercontinental University (Houston campus) advisory board member
- Colorado State University Global Campus dvisory board member
- Houston Minority Supplier Development Council (HMSDC) program committee member
- AICPA Professional Liability committee member
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants member
- National Association of Black Accountants member (NABA)
- American Association of Fraud Examiners
- Houston Area Urban League Small Business Community Pitch Winner 2014
- HMSDC E10 Award Recipient 2016
- Being selected as a 40 under 40 by CPA Practice Advisor for 2018.
- Transforming the lives of families and individuals by implementing tax saving strategies and providing financial advic
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
- I serve on the Board as Treasurer for The Friends of Down Syndrome’s – mission is to create lifelong education and learning opportunities for teens and adults with Down syndrome through education, socialization, and community outreach
- I serve on the advisory board for American Intercontinental University Houston Campus and Colorado State University Global Campus
- I mentor teenagers at Good News Ministries about the importance of a God first life and Education
Favorite books/websites/speakers that you find influential
- The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell
What do you see yourself doing professionally in 10 years? I see myself continuing to grow/expand my firm.
What accounting conferences do you normally attend? AICPA Technology conferenc.
What websites/magazines do you use to keep up on news of the accounting profession?
Journal of Accountancy, CPA Practice Advisor, The Tax Advisor,Accounting Today.