Mark S. Brooks, MBA
- Twitter: @mucello
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/markbrooks
- At age 15, Mark founded a weather website ranked in the top 3% of the Internet.
- After earning a B.S. Meteorology, he worked 10 years to commercialize research in atmospheric sciences and adjacent disciplines.
- Mark co-founded Envirsion, a technology startup that provided crop advisory tools for wine-grape and strawberry growers. After this failure, Mark earned a MBA from NC State University focused on entrepreneurship and innovation.
- He led innovation at Railinc Corporation, building a data analytics product pipeline for the North American freight rail industry.
- Mark’s current role at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants is to drive innovation through strategic partnerships and culture at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants. He pioneers the Association’s first foray into the startup ecosystem through founding and leading a startup accelerator to transform the accounting profession and has published numerous articles in FM Magazine.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker, The Innovator’s Dilemma by Clayton Christensen, Drive by Daniel Pink, Start with Why by Simon Sinek
What websites/magazines do you use to keep up on news of the accounting profession?
CPA Practice Advisor, FM Magazine, AICPA Insights blog, AICPA and CIMA members