Mark P. Barnett, Jr., CPA, CGMA, CCIFP, MBA, MAcc
Director of Jonesboro Office and Firm Wide Construction Services
Professional Associations/Memberships (please include any leadership roles):
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Arkansas (ABC) – Eastern Council Chairman and Member of Board of Directors (2015-2016)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) – Founding member of Bluff City Chapter, member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer (2016-2017)
- Construction Industry CPAs & Consultants – AR member firm representative
- Institute of Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals (ICCIFP)
- Association of General Contractors
- Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce – 2015 Graduate of Leadership Jonesboro
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accounts (ASCPA)
- Northeastern Arkansas Society of CPA’s
- Started the Jonesboro Office of EGP, PLLC in what is now his son’s bedroom in September of 2015.
- Helped grow the Jonesboro office of EGP into the second largest office of the firm in less than three years.
- Earned the Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP) credential and is currently the only CCIFP in the state of Arkansas and is one of approximately 1,000 in the U.S.
- Successfully negotiated, performed due diligence on, and completed a merger with another Jonesboro CPA firm.
- Steered the effort for EGP to be selected as the Exclusive Arkansas member firm of the Construction Industry CPA’s & Consultants (CICPAC).
- Conceptualized and worked with other team members to create a construction group within EGP.
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
- Mark is currently involved in numerous associations such as the ABC, AGC, CFMA, ICCIFP and strives to constantly stay ahead of the ever-changing business climate as well as the numerous tax and accounting changes. He spends a significant amount of time talking to and working with those associations, bond agents, underwriters, and business owners on numerous issues that both the construction and accounting industries face. He is a member of the Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce and a 2015 graduate of Leadership Jonesboro.
Favorite books/websites/speakers that you find influential
What do you see yourself doing professionally in 10 years?
Providing Proactive and Best in Class Accounting and Consulting Services to the Construction Industry
What accounting conferences do you normally attend?
- Construction Industry CPAs & Consultants (CICPAC) Annual Conference
- AICPA Construction & Real Estate Conference
What websites/magazines do you use to keep up on news of the accounting profession?
- Journal of Accountancy
- CPA Practice Advisor
- CFMA Building Profits
- Construction Executive
- ABC Merit Shop Report