Kenneth J. Healy, CPA
Diversified Financial Solutions, PC
Naugatuck and Southbury, CT
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
- Member of the CTCPA Federal Tax Committee.
- Named by the CTCPA as one of the “New and Young Professionals to Watch” as an emerging leader in the accounting profession in 2016;
- Received the Naugatuck YMCA Robert Whittemore (Unsung Hero) Award in 2014;
- Recognized by the Connecticut Alliance of YMCAs for my active involvement, tireless dedication, and continued support of the Naugatuck YMCA with the Salute to Volunteers award in 2015;
- Received the St. Francis – St. Hedwig School of Naugatuck Distinguished Alumni Award in 2017.
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
I believe that accountants are called to serve their clients and also support their local communities. This belief has led me to volunteer my time to many local charitable and civic organizations. I serve as an officer for the United Way of Naugatuck and Beacon Falls, the Naugatuck High School Alumni Association, the Naugatuck Ancient Order of Hibernians, and the Saint Francis School Foundation. I also volunteer as an instructor for the Connecticut Economic Development Fund through the Liberty Bank Small Business Academy. This allows me to provide financial knowledge to new and emerging small businesses within my community.
Many of my clients are small business owners. I am greatly influenced by their ability to balance long-term goals and objectives while maintaining a workplace-friendly environment for their employees. Our accounting firm is led by Paul Fitzpatrick and Janet Walker, and their energy and dedication to our company, its employees, and our clients have continually inspired me. Through their example I have learned how to interact with team members, effectively manage projects, and understand the importance and value of our clients. Their pursuit of excellence without compromising integrity has significantly shaped how I conduct myself professionally.
What do you see yourself doing professionally in 10 years?
In ten years I envision myself still working in public accounting servicing individual and small business clients. I believe that continuous improvements in technology, automation, and applications will allow for increased communications and connectivity with our clients and enhance our ability to provide real-time accounting, tax planning, and advisory services. Our firm has continued to grow steadily while emphasizing its core values of work/life balance and devoting significant time to volunteering within our community. I look forward to increasing my responsibilities within our firm in these areas over the years to come.
What accounting conferences do you normally attend?
I attend local conferences hosted by the CTCPA.
What websites/magazines do you use to keep up on news of the accounting profession?
CPA Practice Advisor, Checkpoint Newsstand, Connecticut CPA Magazine, Accounting Today, Journal of Accountancy, The Tax Adviser.