From onboarding new employees, to filing state and federal payroll taxes, to ensuring there is enough cash-flow available on pay-day — managing payroll is a major pain point for small businesses and accountants.
Gusto says that small businesses using their system spend 75 percent less time managing employee payroll than before they started using the service. They credit this to Gusto’s innovative, born-in-the-cloud service handles all aspects of payroll on behalf of the small business owner. Highlights include:
- Payroll made easy. Gusto enables businesses to run payroll completely online with modern software and design. All federal, state and local payroll taxes are automatically paid and filed.
- Data synced and automated. Gusto automatically syncs payroll and financial data with Xero, as well as popular expense tracking and time tracking software.
- HR built for today. Gusto also integrates with workers’ compensation, benefits like health insurance or 401(k) retirement plans, and human resources, providing compliance, ease and flexibility.
Over the coming months, the Gusto platform will be integrated into the Xero platform and will be the accounting vendor’s preferred payroll solution for U.S. businesses. Highlights of this integration will include:
- Single Sign-On: Xero will deliver a beautiful user experience by giving customers the ability to seamlessly access their Gusto account using their Xero credentials.
- Managing Cash Flow: Xero will be automatically updated every time payroll is run, providing an always up-to-date view of cash flow.
- Accountant Collaboration: Small businesses will be able to grant their accountant or trusted advisor permission to manage payroll and generate payroll reports within Xero.
Xero is working with our existing self-service U.S. payroll customers to ensure that there is a smooth transition as they integrate Gusto’s full-service product onto the accounting platform. Xero is providing these customers with a wind-down period, so that they can continue using the existing service until they transition to Gusto.
Xero and Gusto say they have a shared vision for building innovative new solutions that help small businesses and accountants thrive in the new economy. .