Brian Walgamott, CPA
Employer: Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs
Title: Senior Manager, Tax Services Department
City/State: Tallahassee, Florida
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
o Healthcare Industry Conference Committee
- Graduate, Opportunity Tallahassee
- Class 35, Leadership Tallahassee
- Graduate, McGladrey Alliance Breakthrough Leaders Institute
- Member, Access Tallahassee
o Past Treasurer, Leads Group A
o Past Member, Advisory Council
- Board Treasurer and Executive Committee Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Big Bend
- Past Board Member, Keep Tallahassee-Leon County Beautiful
- Past Loaned Executive, United Way of the Big Bend
Since 2008, I have provided tax compliance and consulting services to corporate, partnership, not-for-profit, trust, and high net worth individual clients. Overtime, my interest in working with companies involved in the healthcare industry lead me to establish a significant base of such clients. Given my depth of experience in the healthcare arena, I am able to offer not just traditional tax compliance but also services such as compensation modeling, operational consulting, among others.
Within the firm, I have served on a number of internal committees and task force groups and currently chair our Tax Procedures Committee.
In 2014, I was selected by our ownership group to attend RSM’s Breakthrough Leaders Institute. I was further honored this year to receive the blessing of the group to enroll in a partner development program beginning January of 2018.
Within the profession, I have served as a member of the FICPA’s Healthcare Industry Conference Committee and have presented at the FSU Accounting Conference.
Within the Tallahassee community, I serve as Board Treasurer and as a member of the Executive Committee for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Big Bend. I am also a current participant in Leadership Tallahassee, a program that not only equips and inspires leaders in our community, but also requires each class to perform a major service project.
Favorite influencer(s) (authors, bloggers, mentors, speakers, etc.)
- Wall Street Journal editorial board
- Leonard Pitts of the Miami Herald
- Dr. Jerry Osteryoung http://jerryosteryoung.blogspot.com/
- Corey Clark of the Tallahassee Democrat