Who are the most influential leaders in the professional accounting space? Increasingly, they are female professionals who are CPAs, consultants or developing the technologies that help all accounting pros be more efficient and productive.
CPA Practice Advisor has announced the recipients of its 2014 Most Powerful Women in Accounting awards, which recognizes each for their significant contributions to the profession. While some are directly engaged in day-to-day client service as a partner or senior member of an accounting practice, others serve in roles as varied as consulting, media, software development, and even in political office.
Nominations were open to the public on CPA Practice Advisor’s website www.CPAPracticeAdvisor.com, and the final selection of this year’s recipients was determined by the publication’s editorial staff and editorial advisory board.
The awards were announced and presented at The Sleeter Group’s 2014 Accounting Solutions Conference, held November 9 through 12 this year at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. This year’s Most Powerful Women in Accounting are:
- Alison Ball – Intuit
- Beth A. Wood, CPA – North Carolina Office of the State Auditor
- Cheri H. Freeh, CPA, CGMA – Hutchinson, Gillahan & Freeh, P.C.
- Dawn Brolin, CPA, MSA – Powerful Accounting
- DeAnn Hill, CPA, PFS, CGMA – AICPA/DeAnn Auman Hill, CPA
- Deborah DeHaas, CPA – Deloitte LLP
- Dominique Molina, CPA, CTC – American Institute of Tax Coaches
- Edi Osborne, CSPM, CPVA, CPBA – Mentor Plus
- Gale Crosley, CPA – Crosley+Company
- Geni Whitehouse, CPA.CITP, CSPM – Even a Nerd
- Heather Kirkby – Intuit
- Jean Rakich – Thomson Reuters
- Jennifer Warawa – Sage North America
- Jennifer Lee Wilson – Convergence Coaching, LLC
- Karen Abramson – Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting
- Katie Tolin – SS&G
- Michelle Long, CPA, MBA – Long for Success, LLC
- Monika Miles – Miles Consulting Group, Inc.
- Rita Keller – Keller Advisors, LLC
- Sally Glick, MBA – Sobel & Co., LLC
- Sandi Smith Leyva, CPA, CMA, MBA – Accountant’$ Accelerator
- Sandra Wiley – Boomer Consulting, Inc.
- Sharada Bhansali – AccountantsWorld
- Shayna Chapman, CPA.CITP, CGMA – Shaynaco LLC
- Stacy Kildal – Kildal Services, LLC
- Teresa Mackintosh, CPA – Wolters Kluwer, CCH
Publisher’s Note: The list wouldn’t be complete without adding our own Editor-in-Chief, Gail Perry, CPA.
– ——————— –
The nomination period for next year’s awards will open in March 2015.
Year-End Planning: It’s Not Just for Your Clients
Payroll practitioners spend the end of the year helping their clients prepare for year-end and the upcoming year. But year-end planning isn’t just for the clients they serve. It’s equally as important that they spend time prepping their own businesses as well. There are a few items that you will want to ensure makes your […]