2011 Overall Rating 4.5
Best Firm Fit:
DocuLex is best suited for firms that are looking for a document repository that facilitates quick text-based document retrieval. Its strength seems to be focused on archiving and retrieving documents for review, as opposed to generating word processing documents and forms with annotations and general editing.
- Comprehensive full-text search & retrieval
- Document retention & archiving (also email archiving)
- “Litigation Hold” feature for documents under discovery
- Full-featured scanning solution
- Connector to line-of-business applications such as QuickBooks, MS Dynamics GP, etc.
- SaaS or on-premises deployment options
- No direct integration with accounting, auditing or tax software
- Lack of a full-featured portal module
Executive Summary & Pricing
If your firm is focused on litigation support, tax planning or other niche consulting services, DocuLex may be a good option due to its emphasis on full-text search. If you are looking to integrate it into your tax preparation or audit engagements, you will find it is limited in how you can integrated into those processes compared to some of the accounting and tax centric solutions.
Pricing for a five-user SaaS deployment is $2,307 annually, which includes 5GB of storage. There is an annual fee of $1,668 per year for the Goby Capture application, as well as a one-time, $1,000 setup fee. The on-premises system is priced at $13,225 for 10 users and includes the first year of support. The annual renewal fee is $2,205.
Product Delivery Methods:
_x__ Hosted by Vendor
Core Product Functions/Features – 4.75
Document Workflow – 4
Document Control – 5
Special Features – 4