CCH Site Builder has been around for quite a while and is a very mature tool. The depth of resources that Wolters Kluwer, CCH brings to the table provides the confidence that they will be there for the long run and will continue to invest in improving this practical tool. Between the pre-designed web page templates and the web site customization services offered by Wolters Kluwer, CCH, you can design a web site that can be as comprehensive as you want.
The feature set of CCH Site Builder is substantial. The following are some of the key features provided.
- Integrated File Share application to securely share documents and other files with your clients via the cloud.
- Search engine optimization tool to improve the chances your firm will be discovered with Google, Yahoo and Bing search engines.
- Ability to change the design of your website at any time at no additional cost to keep your site fresh for returning visitors.
- Library of over 100 financial calculators including break-even analysis, cash flow, financial ratios, loan and credit card payment analysis and many more.
- Integrated newsletter service to provide your clients and prospects with timely and relevant tax and financial information with virtually no additional effort.
- Integrated federal and state specific tax alerts.
- Pre-defined links to federal and state income tax refund status tracking sites.
- Specific add-in modules to expand the content of your web site:
- Integrated client appointment scheduler
- Integrated CCH Axcess Portal
- Prepared newsletters and tax alerts
- GainsKeeper application that will calculate, track and report on corporate transactions and generate the Schedule D and D-1 tax forms
- Social Media add-in to create direct links to your social media sites
- Integrated Tax Notebook client tax organizer application that allows your clients to provide their tax information online via the cloud.
- Library of pre-formatted content pages including Home, Firm Profile, Client Services, Info Center, Events Calendar, Newsletters, Financial Tools, Links and Contact Us. In addition, you can create your own customized pages.
- Newly added PayPal integration that allows you to collect payments via your website.
Best Firm Fit
Any small or mid-size accounting or tax practice. Highest value is for firms using the CCH Access Portal application which can be embedded into the Site Builder application.
- Depth of add-in modules to expand the breadth of content on your website with limited effort
- Integration with CCH Access Portal
- Online calendar and automated client appointment generator
- Breadth of design templates and customization options available, including mobile ready styles
- Potential that you will “over build” your web site with too much content simply because it is available and easy to add.
- Optional content will incur additional costs
Summary and Pricing
The base price for CCH Site Builder is $785 . Pricing is tiered based on available options. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial, without providing credit card information.