Adaptive Planning, a provider of cloud business analytics for companies and nonprofits of all sizes, is celebrating exceptional growth and industry leadership by rebranding as Adaptive Insights. The new name and brand reflect Adaptive’s broad and innovative product suite as the company rapidly expands its customer base and further cements its leadership in enterprise and international markets.
“Adaptive Insights represents the evolution of our company and our dominance in the market. We have catapulted past our original planning solution to provide a complete, integrated corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence (BI) suite,” said John Herr, CEO, Adaptive Insights. “Whether companies are currently using Excel or legacy software solutions, Adaptive’s powerful yet intuitive solutions provide finance and management teams with new insights to accelerate growth and drive success. The rebrand tops off an exceptional year full of customer, product, partner and operational wins. And our first new product release this year, Adaptive Suite 2014.1, makes our #1-ranked user experience even better—further extending our lead in the market.”
The rebrand comes as Adaptive continues to deliver on its strategy to address the complete planning, consolidation, analytics, and reporting needs of mid-sized and enterprise organizations around the world. The vibrant new logo and color scheme communicate the company’s bold, highly-differentiated solutions—powerful, innovative, and intuitive products coupled with industry-leading service and support. The corporate identity also includes design elements from the new class-leading user interface and business collaboration capabilities available in the company’s latest release, Adaptive Suite 2014.1, also announced today.
Amidst the new brand, Adaptive Insights is experiencing exceptional momentum including customer growth, product expansion, partner success, new funding, and executive hiring, all while receiving numerous industry awards and accolades.
Industry Momentum, Investor Support
Adaptive Insights’ innovations and strong leadership team are dominating the fast growing cloud BI and CPM markets, which combined represent a $33 billion addressable market based on IDC data. The company has a leading position in the industry, as evidenced by its customer and partner momentum and consistent ranking as number one in customer satisfaction and user experience in independent analyst reports. As a result, over the last two years the company has raised over $67 million in new funding from premier global venture capital firms and Salesforce.com.
Customer Growth & Success
With over 1,900 customers, Adaptive Insights boasts the most customers among cloud CPM providers. In 2013, the company welcomed hundreds of new customers into its community, including The Boston Globe, Cirque du Soleil, Duke University School of Nursing, Fisher & Company, McPherson Oil, Metro Medical Supply, Mount Sinai Hospital, Sunny Delight, Sur La Table, and the University of California, San Diego [Others to consider: Bruce Power, Bemis, Diner’s Club, Kirin Brewery, Toshiba, Canon Australia, Square Trade, West Publishing, Vassar College, oDesk, KIPP Foundation, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, Whitney Museum of American Art, Tata Chemicals Europe, Mighty Leaf Tea Company, Wikimedia Foundation, California Adademy of Sciences, Lonely Planet Publications, Sierra Club, Nikon, FitBit, Augusta National Golf Club]. Adaptive Insights’ momentum is validated by customer research that revealed:
- Adaptive Insights reduces time and effort spent on budgeting, planning, consolidation and analytics by 50-70%.
- Many customers report 95-99% time reduction in the planning cycle.
- Customers typically find Adaptive to be 70% more cost and resource efficient to run than legacy solutions.
New Intuitive, Mobile and Powerful Adaptive Suite
Adaptive Insights embraces the usability-focused “consumerization of enterprise software” vision, as well as the demand for information anytime, anywhere, with new functionality in Adaptive Suite 2014.1. The new features help deliver the most intuitive, mobile and powerful solution in the market. Specifically, Adaptive Suite 2014.1 includes:
- Class-Leading User Experience. Adaptive Insights introduces a class-leading new user experience that maximizes user engagement with the Adaptive Suite products. With sheets that incorporate the best of Excel, together with a streamlined navigation experience that takes design cues from the latest consumer applications, Adaptive Insights elevates user engagement and enables business users to embrace cloud CPM faster than ever before.
- Mobile First Design. Whether budgeting and planning using a tablet or a desktop, the new Adaptive Suite user experience is optimized for all of the ways business users work. Planning, reporting and analysis are always available to managers.
- Most Collaborative CPM Yet. Adaptive Insights expands its groundbreaking social and collaborative Process Tracker to encompass planning and budgeting, including tracking of tasks, complete with threaded collaborative notes, document attachments, and visual tracking of workflow tasks. It provides the most advanced collaboration around the full CPM process from anywhere – web or mobile.
- Even More Modeling Power. Advanced organization management raises the bar for cloud planning sophistication, by combining the flexibility of powerful version management with organization management, making it simple to store alternative or historical views, all in one single planning model – ideal for analyzing and modeling results based on different and changing organizations and projects.
“Our managers and analysts already access Adaptive Planning from 50+ locations across North America. Driving mobility and collaboration means that they can even more effectively plan and model from anywhere, and together we’re tracking and collaborating around where we are in the cycle,” said Rodney Engel, Director of Performance Control at GDF Suez North America.
In 2013, Adaptive Insights expanded its global presence to 100 countries, thanks in part to the strength of its partner community. The Adaptive Insights channel partner program continues to play a key role in the company’s growth, most notably in the midmarket and enterprise arenas. In 2013, 100 percent of partners jumped to gold status, which is based on revenue generation. Also notable is that Adaptive Insights’ 20 highest performing partners expanded Adaptive sales by an average of 37 percent. Additionally, the number of elite status partners grew by 17 percent globally. Recently, the company added Cap Gemini, Cognizant Technology Solutions and Salesforce.com to its powerful partner ecosystem.
In order to support this growth, Adaptive Insights has committed significant resources to its leadership team and operations. Jeff Epstein, former CFO of Oracle, recently invested in the company and joined as Senior Advisor. Additionally, the company recently hired Senior Vice President of People and Human Resources Amy Reichanadter to help identify top-notch talent as the company continues to grow. Amy joins 2013 new hires CFO David Pefley and Vice President of Global Channels & Business Development Carolee Gearhart, who all bring significant experience scaling and managing growth-stage and publicly-traded companies.
The company also established new corporate headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, doubling the size of its office. Like the new brand and logo, the office sports vibrant, bold colors and features collaborative work spaces.