Small Business Trends, an online publication for small business owners and entrepreneurs, honored 100 companies, thought leaders and technologies as the 2013 Small Business Influencers during an event last Thursday at an Awards Gala at CUNY Graduate Center in New York City.
The Small Business Influencer 2013 Awards honors small business influencers across organizations, companies and individuals who are influential to small business in the United States and Canada through the products, services, knowledge or support they provide to the small business market.
“The Award recognizes those organizations and individuals who play crucial roles within small businesses, but are often in the background,” adds Anita Campbell, CEO of Small Business Trends and co-founder of the Awards. “With small businesses being such a significant part of our business environment, its wonderful see so many individuals and different types of organizations working with the small business market,” adds Campbell.
Among this year's winners are many that are familiar in the professional tax and accounting space, as well as several who have been honored by CPA Practice Advisor via our awards programs, which include the Innovation Awards, the Most Powerful Women in Accounting program, the 40 Under 40, the Readers Choice Awards and the annual Thought Leader program. They include:
- The Sleeter Group for their QuickBooks and Beyond Blog
- Long for Success – A consultancy run by Michelle Long
- Gail Perry – Publisher of AccountingWeb.com
- Doug Sleeter – Founder of The Sleeter Group
- Jennifer Warawa – Vice President of Partner Programs and Channel Sales for Sage North America
- Robert Chandler – President & CEO of Cloud9 Real Time
- Rene Lacerte – Serial Entreprenuer, Founder of Bill.com and PayCycle
- Michelle Long
- Wasp Barcode Technologies
- Cloud9 Real Time
- Sage North America
- Right Networks
- Sage One
- Bill.com Cash Management System
The full list of the 2013 Small Business Influences can be seen at influencers.smallbiztrends.com.