2012 Review of AccountantsWorld — CyberCabinet
May. 28, 2012
AccountantsWorld — CyberCabinet
Best Firm Fit
CyberCabinet is a good fit for small firms that want to move to a cloud computing model. The suite of online applications from AccountantsWorld provides a “leave the driving to us” model for dealing with all of the IT infrastructure issues related to an on premise solution that can be particularly frustrating to deal with for sole practitioners and small firms that typically don’t have any internal IT staff.
- Generous 5Gb storage space included in base pricing.
- Portal application provided with Website Relief website application
- Integrated with online practice management, payroll and accounting applications
- 100% browser based SaaS (Software as a Service) solution
- Customized folder structure
- “CyberDrop” folder lets you drag and drop files into CyberCabinet from your PC
- “CyberSend” adds emails from Outlook, with attachments, to client folders instantly
- The online suite does not offer an integrated tax application
- Client Management Center facilitates accessing and monitoring your CyberCabinet activity including the last login, file space utilization and your client directory listing. Each client can be assigned multiple email assignments to receive notifications when files are uploaded to their portal.
- You can setup a default folder structure for organizing the files for each client. This can include sub-folders and the ability to establish access rights for the various folders. This template is applied to all clients and can be modified as appropriate for individual clients.
- The document hit list resulting from searches includes the file name, file type, upload date, who it was uploaded by and whether or not the client has access to the file in their client’s portal.
- You can download an entire folder with sub-folders onto your PC for local access when you need files on the go.
- You can save Outlook emails and the file attachments directly to CyberCabinet via the CyberSend button. You can store the message in its native msg format, as an html file, or a simple text file.
- CyberDrop is a feature that lets you setup a folder on your PC that will be monitored for upload to CyberCabinet. You can put files into this folder as you would with any Windows Explorer folder. This includes saving Office files directly into CyberDrop.
- You can print reports from Payroll Relief and Accounting Relief applications directly into CyberCabinet.
- Clients can scan and upload their own documents directly into CyberCabinet and they can be accessed from within the Accounting Relief application.
- Base product includes an unlimited number of client portals
Summary & Pricing
CyberCabinet provides a practical solution for firms that want to make the move to an online based information system, aka cloud computing. CyberCabinet’s integrated portal solution simplifies the process of getting started down the online path. The price for CyberCabinet is $595 annually for up to 5Gb of storage, for unlimited users.
See inside June 2012
2012 Review of Thomson Reuters — FileCabinet CS
Thomson Reuters — FileCabinet CS 800-968-8900CS.ThomsonReuters.com Best Firm FitIt is real easy to identify where FileCabinet CS fits best. Since it is directly integrated with the entire CS Professional Suite of accounting and tax applications, FileCabinet CS fits best in firms that are utilizing one or more of those applications. The primary value proposition for FileCabinet CS […]
2012 Review of Drake Software – Document Manager
Drake Software – Document Manager800-890-9500www.DrakeSoftware.com Best Firm Fit: The best fit firm for Drake DM is clearly for firms that are using the Drake tax software. The Drake DMS can be used as a document storage system on a stand-alone basis, however, as with many of the document storage solutions, the primary value is based […]