2011 Overall Rating 4.25
Small businesses and accounting professionals who want a web-based payroll application that provides the ability to collaborate with users at other sites. It’s also a good fit for QuickBooks for Mac and QuickBooks Online users who want a payroll tool that integrates directly with their software.
- Web-based payroll application with employee portals, electronic filing & collaboration with remote personnel.
- Mobile app is available for iOS
- Portals & reports can be branded with the firm’s name.
- Integration supported for QuickBooks (Windows, Mac & Online), Quicken, Sage Peachtree, and ATX/TaxWise Write Up, as well as Excel or text-based data export.
- SaaS model eliminates the need for application installation or updating.
- Custom reporting may require export & manipulation of data in Excel.
- Although multiple logins are permitted for each company, access is restricts for each company to only one user at a time, and companies cannot have more than 150 employees.
SUMMARY & PRICING
Intuit Online Payroll for Accounting Professionals offers a clean interface that is easy to use and allows accounting professionals to brand themselves through payroll service offerings. Several included features may aid in increased profitability. All pricing is flat rate and includes most payroll features such as unlimited payroll runs, direct deposit and employee portals. Pricing starts at $19.99 per client, per month for up to five clients, with each client having five or fewer employees. For six or more clients, pricing is tiered and billing will automatically revert to lower pricing as more clients are added. For those with 50 or more clients, pricing is $10.99 per client, per month for five or fewer employees. A time tracking module is available and is priced per employee at $2 per month.
Product Delivery Methods
___ Hosted by Vendor
Basic System Functions 4.25
Reporting & Monitoring 4.25
Client Self-Service Features 4.5
See inside September 2011
CCH Small Firm Services — ATX Payroll & TaxWise Payroll
ATX: 888-455-0183; www.atxinc.com TaxWise: 888-455-0182; www.taxwise.com 2011 Overall Rating 4 Best Fit Accounting firms and small companies who need a live and after-the-fact payroll preparation tool designed to work with the ATX and CCH write up solutions, as well as firms who are using ProSystem fx Practice Management, or need check in/checkout […]
4 Models To Position Payroll As A Profit Center
Payroll is an important part of any business, and most payroll solutions currently available are capable of providing support for all business types and sizes. Although technology and automation have made compliance much easier, payroll continues to grow in complexity.