2011 Overall Rating 4
Accounting professionals who provide payroll processing for multiple clients and prefer an on-premises application.
- Drag-and-drop report modification allows custom reporting, and report customizations can be saved for use in future months.
- An unlimited number of users can access each company file simultaneously.
- Export files are available for QuickBooks and Sage Peachtree, or data can be imported or exported using Microsoft Excel.
- Supports complex requirements such as job costing, multiple shift differentials, Certified Payroll, and consolidated reporting.
- No additional charge for processing multiple payroll in multiple states.
- Does not include a due date tracking feature.
- Employee portals and state electronic payments not supported.
SUMMARY & PRICING
PenSoft Payroll Accounting Edition is an easy-to-use and -navigate payroll solution. With no additional charges to process multiple states or to have access to unlimited support, PenSoft Payroll Accounting Edition may prove to be a cost-effective payroll solution for accounting professionals. PenSoft prices each edition as a calendar year subscription and is based on the number of employees in the largest company currently processed through the system. Initial pricing for PenSoft Payroll Accounting Edition starts at $1,629 for processing unlimited clients each with less than 50 employees. Annual renewal pricing is slightly discounted for future years.
Product Delivery Methods
___ Hosted by Vendor
Basic System Functions 4
Reporting & Monitoring 3.5
Client Self-Service Features N/A
See inside September 2011
Red Wing Software, Inc. — CenterPoint Payroll
800-732-9464 www.redwingsoftware.com 2011 Overall Rating 4.25 Best Fit CenterPoint Payroll is a good solution for most small businesses and payroll service providers who process payroll for multiple companies and who may want some limited human resource management capabilities. It’s also a good fit for organizations that use Red Wing’s CenterPoint or TurningPoint accounting software […]
CYMA Systems, Inc. — CYMA Payroll Software
800-292-2962 www.cyma.com 2011 Overall Rating 4.25 Best Fit Firms or companies who use CYMA’s integrated applications for write-up, nonprofit accounting or general ledger, which has been rebranded as RedGear Accounting for users of the TaxWorks professional tax preparation system. It’s also a good fit for firms or companies who want an on-premises payroll […]