2011 Overall Rating
Accounting professionals and small businesses who need a value-priced program for after-the-fact payroll & employment tax compliance, as well as firms who prefer locally installed applications to web-based tools.
- Good tool for year-end reporting & interim after-the-fact payroll & tax compliance.
- Electronic wage detail filing is supported for more than 25 states.
- Base price of $75/year & a full package at $405/yr including all modules (ATF payroll, tax tables, program updates & fileable payroll tax forms) is a great value.
- Imports from QuickBooks & Sage Peachtree and other systems using CSV & Excel files.
- Importing of timesheet data not supported.
SUMMARY & PRICING
1099-Etc is a good fit for businesses with small payroll loads or that only need to process year-end forms. The program is intuitive to use and requires very little upfront training. Pricing is done per module with the complete system available for around $405. Pricing starts at $75 for the base package, which includes all W-2 and 1099 reporting. Additional modules include printing on blank paper via laser printer, after-the-fact payroll, electronic filing and all payroll forms capabilities, each priced per module, starting at $75. All pricing is annual and not monthly, quarterly or per use.
Product Delivery Methods
___ Hosted by Vendor
Basic System Functions 4
Reporting & Monitoring 3.5
Client Self-Service Features N/A
See inside September 2011
4 Models To Position Payroll As A Profit Center
Payroll is an important part of any business, and most payroll solutions currently available are capable of providing support for all business types and sizes. Although technology and automation have made compliance much easier, payroll continues to grow in complexity.
RUN Powered by ADP Payroll for Accountants
800-Call ADP (225-5237) www.accountant.adp.com 2011 Overall Rating 4.25 Best Fit Firms who manage payroll and compliance needs for multiple client businesses, but who prefer most compliance work to be outsourced. It’s also a good fit for professionals who want to provide human resource tools and workers’ compensation premium payment solutions. Strengths Available in full-service […]