Offering brings online and phone HR support to small business owners
Rochester, NY – September 16, 2011 – Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions, today officially introduced Paychex HR Essentials, a human resource offering that allows businesses to receive skilled HR guidance and support online or over the phone on topics ranging from employment best practices and safety and loss programs to employee handbooks.
The product provides an affordable administrative partnership that delivers a spectrum of high-quality human resource services, allowing business owners and managers to focus on company growth, instead of the administration of routine HR tasks and issues.
“As a business matures and its employee management needs change, owners are faced with a myriad of HR issues and challenges,” said Janice Nearen-Bell, vice president of Human Resource Services Sales for Paychex. “In today’s difficult economic environment, the potential cost of navigating these matters alone is greater than ever before. HR Essentials provides business owners and management with the tools they need to address complex HR issues, so they can concentrate on the most critical aspects of their business.”
Paychex HR Essentials provides businesses with the following comprehensive services:
- Highly Trained, Dedicated Support: HR professionals provide phone and online support to assist with questions related to human resource issues that may be affected by federal and state employment laws.
- Employee Handbooks: Online or printed handbooks can be tailored to a business’s specific policies, needs, and culture.
- Safety and Loss: Experienced safety professionals provide phone consultation and guidance on best practices for the development of safety programs that can help increase compliance, reduce cost, and protect employees.
- Management Training: Live Web seminars allow management to become more knowledgeable about compliance and effective HR administration.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): A confidential, early-intervention system helps employees address personal challenges with support referrals, counseling, and other treatment services. A concierge service and advice on everything from leaky roofs to pet ownership is also offered.
- Online HR Library: The extensive library provides current business and employment coverage on topics such as effective employee benefits administration, state and federal employment law, and employee safety. The library also includes hundreds of downloadable forms and templates.
“Prior to HR Essentials, we had no employee handbook,” said Sue Goss, office manager of Geneva Harley-Davidson, in Geneva, NY. “Having a comprehensive handbook in place not only benefits our current employees, it benefits our future employees by providing a single document that details our company’s rules and policies. Our handbook, coupled with the personal service we receive, confirms our business made the right decision in choosing HR Essentials and partnering with Paychex.”
HR Essentials is the latest offering from Paychex that adds to the company’s comprehensive suite of HR services, including employee management services, a workers' compensation payment service, COBRA administration, state unemployment insurance (SUI), and new hire reporting. Paychex also offers HR Solutions, a complete human resource management service equal to those of the nation's largest businesses with onsite HR support, available as an Administrative Service Organization (ASO) or Professional Employer Organization (PEO).