2011 Overall Rating 4.25
CenterPoint Payroll is a good solution for most small businesses and payroll service providers who process payroll for multiple companies and who may want some limited human resource management capabilities. It’s also a good fit for organizations that use Red Wing’s CenterPoint or TurningPoint accounting software applications.
- Check Designer option natively supports printing of paychecks, signatures and MICR data on blank check stock.
- Employee documents can be output in multiple languages.
- Time data can be imported from a wide range of applications in a text file format.
- Direct deposit (your bank may charge a transmittal fee) and electronic filing available at an additional charge.
- Does not natively support integration with accounting software other than CenterPoint or TurningPoint, other than exporting a text file from the CenterPoint Payroll application. Red Wing does offer an API allowing for direct integration; access to the API is normally limited to third-party partners.
- A web-based employee self-service portal is being developed, but no final release date has been announced.
SUMMARY & PRICING
Red Wing Software handles unique payroll functions for many agriculture and nonprofit businesses; CenterPoint Payroll provides many customization options that may benefit any business type. The program offers a variety of customization options and straightforward navigation. Pricing for a single-user license is $795. Network users will pay $295 for each seat, and other add-on modules are available starting at $95.
Product Delivery Methods
___ Hosted by Vendor
Basic System Functions 4.5
Reporting & Monitoring 4.5
Client Self-Service Features N/A
See inside September 2011
800-424-9392 www.sageabra.com 2011 Overall Rating 4.5 Best Fit Companies who want a solid on-premises or third-party hosted payroll system with full human resource management capabilities. Strengths Strong payroll capabilities, including support for both U.S. and Canadian payroll. Employee portal module (Sage Employee Self Service). Human resources management functionality is a leader in […]
PenSoft Payroll Solutions — PenSoft Payroll Accounting Edition
888-736-7638 www.pensoft.com 2011 Overall Rating 4 Best Fit Accounting professionals who provide payroll processing for multiple clients and prefer an on-premises application. Strengths Drag-and-drop report modification allows custom reporting, and report customizations can be saved for use in future months. An unlimited number of users can access each company file simultaneously. Export files […]