The 2013 CCH Connections user conference kicked off today in Phoenix, Arizona, as professional accountants, leaders in industry and developers gathered to get a first-hand look at the latest innovations for tax and accounting professionals. More than 1,000 professionals are expected to attend this year's event.
This year's conference, which includes CPE-eligible educational sessions, demonstrations of industry solutions and networking events, officially started with a welcome reception on Sunday, Oct. 27, however, the majority of attendees and sessions started today with the opening keynote by Pat Croce, a best-selling author and entrepreneur who created Sports Physical Therapists and who helped the Philadelphia 76ers contend for the NBA Championship.
Latest Innovations, Mobile Solutions on Display
Attendees have the opportunity to see demonstrations and experience CCH’s newest innovations, including CCH Axcess, the cloud-based modular accounting firm solution with an integrated central database, offering firms increased integration, security, confidence and speed. CCH Mobile solutions and Apps are also available, with mobile technology experts showing how premier CCH content is delivered on-the-go via the IntelliConnect research platform.
New Ways to Connect with Peers, Learn
The CCH Connections conference includes a full program of CPE-accredited sessions to help participants meet their continuing education needs. Newly added this year are revitalized versions of the roundtable sessions, now called discussion pods. These meetings are intended to create a greater peer-to-peer line of sight, enabling participants to offer more opinions and generate more involved discussions for a collaborative experience benefiting everyone taking part.
In addition to the new discussion pods, sessions also include interactive lectures and computer workshops. The CCH User Conference sessions are organized along six tracks: Accounting & Audit, CCH Axcess, Emerging Leaders, Management, Tax and Technology.
Key conference programs include:
- Opening keynote address from a prominent expert on topics vital to every tax and accounting professional;
- CPE-accredited sessions and discussions on business issues and strategies;
- Interactive discussion pods on hot industry topics;
- Peer-to-peer networking sessions, where attendees share best practices;
- Showcases featuring integrated software and research applications; and
- Informative sessions helping attendees get the most out of new CCH solution features with update sessions, hands-on training and assistance.