The American Institute of CPAs recently opened up membership on its student website, ThisWaytoCPA.com, to international students. The website now contains information that will help international students as they begin the process to register for the CPA exam and become a U.S. CPA while living overseas.
As a result of increasing international demand for the U.S. CPA license and as a benefit to foreign nationals, the CPA exam is now administered internationally. Prior to international administration in 2011, more than 10,000 international applicants travelled to the U.S. to take the U.S. CPA exam.
“As international candidates continue to sit for the CPA exam in greater numbers, we want to offer a resource to them which not only provides information and tools regarding the process for registering and studying for the exam, but also shares information with them about the exciting career opportunities being a CPA offers,” said Scott Moore, AICPA Senior Manager, College and University Initiatives. “Expanding our award-winning ThisWaytoCPA site to allow international students to register is a logical way to accomplish that goal.”
- Journals by individuals who recently passed the CPA exam detailing their preparation process
- Mock job interviews and resume tips
- Community forum for students and exam candidates
- Profiles o the daily activities of CPAs
- Exam timeline mapping out the exam process
- Available scholarships for accounting and business students
- Information on career paths, jobs and specialized credentials for CPAs