Fujitsu, maker of document imaging scanners, recently released its latest portable ScanSnap scanner. The Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems and works with Android and iOS devices.
Users of the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i can send and store documents on Android and iOS devices, Dropbox, Evernote, GoogleDocs, SugarSync, Salesforce Chatter and other cloud-based storage solutions. The scanner features the same one-button scanning capability as other ScanSnap scanners and weights only 3.1 lbs.
"We're excited that ScanSnap has integrated Dropbox into their devices via the Dropbox API to give our mutual users a great solution for digitizing and managing their content across multiple platforms," said Ilya Fushman, Head of Platform Business Development and Corporate Development, Dropbox, Inc.
The ScanSnap S1300i also comes with software for PC and Mac, allowing users to customize the features of the scanner to best meet their needs. Software and new features of the ScanSnap S1300i include:
- Scan to Android and iOS devices: Fujitsu offers the ScanSnap Connect app for free for most Android smartphones and tablets with Android 2.2 and iOS devices running iOS 4.2.1 or later. With the app, users can send and store scanned documents on their mobile devices using a WiFi connection, as well as collaborate with other professionals.
- Store Documents in the Cloud: The ScanSnap S1300i also has the ability to scan directly into cloud-based storage solutions such as Dropbox, GoogleDocs, SugarSync, Evernote and Salesforce Chatter.
- “ScanSnap Folder”: The “ScanSnap Folder” replicates ScanSnap as a Windows folder, allowing users to automatically attach or upload files from the ScanSnap S1300i directly into software or web applications. The “ScanSnap Folder” is only available on Windows for cloud-bases services and applications capable of managing and uploading PDF and JPEG files.
- Scan Faster: The ScanSnap S1300i can scan up to 12 double-sided color pages per minute, making it up to 1.5 times faster than its predecessor.
- ScanSnap Organizer: Available for PC, the ScanSnap Organizer allows users to store, manage and view PDF and JPEG files and edit them after scanning.
- ScanSnap Manager: This feature lets PC and Mac users create custom scan settings and create searchable PDF files.
- Efficient Business Card Scanning: PC users can capture and extract information from business cards and import the data into Outlook, Excel, Salesforce or other contact management software. Mac users can scan business cards and export the information into Address Book or Outlook for Mac.
- Automatic Quality: The Auto Image Quality setting automatically increases the resolution on documents sized A6 or smaller, making the fine-print legible and searchable when scanned.
- Highlighter Function: Users can highlight text on scanned documents and create searchable keywords.
- ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap: The ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap converts scanned documents into editable Word and Excel files with the push of a button.
- Grayscale Scanning: The ScanSnap S1300i now scans images or text in grayscale mode, in addition to automatically detecting color and monochrome.
- Document Processing: The ScanSnap S1300i has the capability to automatically detect paper size, orientation and blank pages. It can scan documents up to 34 inches in length and comes with a 10-page, letter-size automatic document feeder.
“In the constantly evolving and fast-paced world that we live in today, people need a versatile and flexible solution to help them keep up with the demands and that is exactly what the ScanSnap S1300i is designed to do,” said Scott Francis, Vice President of Marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “From its ability to scan directly to multiple cloud-based services and mobile devices, to its PC and Mac compatibility, to its compact size, the ScanSnap S1300i allows consumers and business professions to be even more productive and paperless anywhere they go.”