- Enrolled Agents (E.A. -- federally authorized tax practitioners) – 50.1%
- Accredited Tax Advisors (A.T.A.) – 25.9%
- Accredited Tax Preparers (A.T.P.) – 24.8%
- Certified Public Accountants (C.P.A.) – 21.0%
- Accredited Business Advisor/Accountant (A.B.A.) – 20.7%
- Registered/Licensed Public Accountants (R/LPA) or Accounting Practitioner (A.P.) – 11.1%
NSA and its affiliates represent 30,000 members who provide accounting, auditing, tax preparation, financial and estate planning, and management services to approximately 19 million individuals and business clients. Most members are sole practitioners or partners in small- to medium- size accounting firms. NSA protects the public by requiring its members to adhere to a strict code of ethics. For more information, visit www.nsacct.org.