Column: The Sage Perspective
From the November 2011 Issue
The Sage Accountants Network has a wide range of products, which gives it more breadth than almost any other competing program. While some competing programs have strong solutions for a small business, and others cater to large, global organizations, the Sage Accountants Network allows accounting professionals to access discounted software for small, midsized and large businesses, along with support plans, and product training for their internal use. Sage Accountants Network options are available for accountants who would like to work with Sage Peachtree, Sage Simply Accounting, Sage BusinessWorks, Sage ERP MAS 90, Sage ERP Accpac, Sage Timberline Office, Sage Master Builder, Sage ACT!, Sage Timeslips, and Sage FAS Fixed Assets.
Sage recently added a new Sage Accountants Network (SAN) offering for accountants to learn about and become more familiar with Sage NonProfit Solutions, allowing them to gain more confidence in recommending it to their nonprofit clients. For the first time, Sage will be hosting all of the Sage Nonprofit Solutions for SAN members on the company’s virtual server platform, with remote access from anywhere at any time. This offering allows accounting professionals to work with their own version of these popular applications without having to operate and administer their own server to host the data and applications.
The new package includes the following resources and benefits:
- Sage Fund Accounting: An award-winning financial management solution preferred by nonprofits and government agencies for planning and managing budgets, maximizing grants, and producing accurate reports. The following modules are included: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, budgeting, payroll, data import and export, grant administration, human resources management, GASB reporting, and encumbrances.
- Sage Fundraising Online: A flexible and powerful fundraising and event management tool for nonprofits and other organizations. It enables organizations to reach and engage their constituency via the web with web forms that are easy to manage and deploy.
- Sage Fundraising 50: Provides nonprofits of all sizes with an integrated fundraising, development and donor management solution that includes contact relationship management, volunteer management, event management and payment processing. A single concurrent user license for the Donate Now website integrations offered by Sage Payment Solutions is also included.
- Sage Grant Management: Helps nonprofit and government organizations maximize funding potential and provide transparency at the organization, program and grant levels. Includes one regular account, one administrative account and one executive view account.
- Human Resources Management, which includes integrated benefit accrual and calculations, scheduling, employee data, and payroll preparation.
- Members also receive access to the Sage Fund Accounting online knowledgebase, automatic program updates, and credits for 12 customer support incidents. The program is priced at $599 per year.
The Sage Grant Management tool is available for nonprofit organizations in versions for both hosted and on-premises deployments, and has been endorsed by the Grant Professionals Association (GPA), a leading nonprofit membership organization focused on the advancement of grantsmanship as a profession and the support of its practitioners. The organization offers training, professional certification, and networking to its more than 2,000 members. GPA was founded in 1998, and can be found online at http://www.grantprofessionals.org or as @GPANational on Twitter.