David Almonte, CPA, CGMA – 2022 40 Under 40 Honoree
Financial Reporting and Analysis Senior Manager
Amica Mutual Insurance Company
Nationally, David is a member of the AICPA’s CPA Financial Literacy Commission, a past graduate of the AICPA’s National Leadership Academy, and most recently awarded, as one of just six nationally, the AICPA’s Outstanding Young CPA Award. David is also a proud Eagle Scout, the highest rank in Scouts BSA, and a distinction approximately only 4% of scouts are awarded.
In early 2017, David co-founded a not-for-profit, FountainHead RI (www.fountainheadri.org), whose mission is to bring together and connect diverse, like-minded individuals from around the world who share a similar passion, vision and ambition for moving local and global communities forward. The Organization has grown to a community of over 1,100 business and community leaders from across the United States.
David has been published in numerous media outlets, including: The New York Times, CNBC, CNBC + Acorns, AICPA Journal of Accountancy, Kiplinger, Chase.com, US World and News Report, Yahoo Finance and Financial Management Magazine.
David has also received the following professional awards: GoLocal Prov “18 Who Made a Difference in 2018,” CCRI 2018 Outstanding Alumni – Squire Award, 2020 Rhode Island Inno “Inno On Fire” Nominee and 2019 – 2022 National CPA Practice Advisor 40 under 40 distinction.
David received a B.S. in Business Administration from Bryant University, an associates’ degree in accounting from the Community College of Rhode Island, and is currently enrolled in the University of Colorado Boulder’s MS in Organizational Leadership Program with an innovation specialized track.
- What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
- Several years ago I created and committed to a personal mission, to say “yes” to anything that scares me, both personally and professionally. Ever since that day, I have accomplished so much, and it has set me out on a path I otherwise may never have known. As a co-founder of a national not-for-profit, FountainHead RI, I have been part of one of the most talented group of leaders in the country, whereby we have taken something that previously didn’t exist and created an ecosystem of over 1,100 business and community leaders. In doing so, we have helped to create a more inclusive, dynamic and better prepared professional community for years to come and is certainly one of my biggest and favorite accomplishments to-date.
- Favorite books/websites/podcasts/speakers that you find influential:
- The Gift by Edith Eger
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma
- The 5 AM Club by Robin Sharma
- The Hear of Business by Hubert Joly
- GRIT: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- Think Again by Adam Grant
- That Will Never Work: Netflix by Marc Randolph
- 212: The Extra Degree by Sam Parker
- Podcasts/Educational Digital Platforms
- How I Built This with Guy Raz
- Stuff You Should Know
- What’s Your “And”?
- Lumi Q
- Simon Sinek
- Brené Brown
- Adam Grant
- Sir Richard Branson
- Warren Buffet
- Jocko Willink
- Gary Vaynerchuck