The NYU School of Professional Studies (NYU SPS) Division of Programs in Business’ Finance and Taxation programs will host the NYU Summer Tax Conferences in person throughout July 2022. The individual introductory and advanced conferences, which will be held at the Westin New York at Times Square, will focus on timely and distinct topics, including international and partnership taxation, Subchapter S, trusts and estates, and like-kind exchanges.
This popular tax conference series is designed to benefit attorneys and accountants seeking to refresh their knowledge and learn more about the latest developments in legislation and regulations. The introductory sessions help attendees acquire critical fundamental and practical application skills that can be used immediately, while the advanced conferences explore sophisticated tax concepts reflecting the most critical transaction-based topics in the field.
Here is the schedule of the 2022 NYU Summer Tax Conferences:
Monday, July 11 – Wednesday, July 13, 2022
- Introduction to Trusts & Estates Conference – The Introduction to Trusts and Estates Conference explains many taxes and tax issues applicable to gratuitous transfers by individuals, trusts, and estates.
- Introduction to International Taxation Conference – The Introduction to International Taxation Conference provides a broad-based foundation in the federal income taxation of cross-border (both “inbound” and “outbound”) transactions and circumstances.
Thursday, July 14 – Friday, July 15, 2022
- Advanced Trusts and Estates Conference – The Advanced Trusts and Estates Conference moves beyond the basics of the taxation of trusts and estates to discuss more detailed planning opportunities, issues, techniques, and pitfalls.
- Advanced International Taxation Conference – The Advanced International Taxation Conference explores controversial and emerging issues and opportunities in the area of international taxation, including tax planning, eligibility issues, and international mergers and acquisitions.
Monday, July 18 – Wednesday, July 20, 2022
- Introduction to Partnerships Taxation Conference – The Introduction to Partnerships Taxation Conference discusses the essentials of partnership taxation and delivers insights on opportunities in this sector.
Thursday, July 21 – Friday, July 22, 2022
- Advanced Subchapter S Conference – The Advanced Subchapter S Conference provides comprehensive knowledge and practical insights into the “hot button” issues and intricacies of Subchapter S, including taxation, Subchapter C vs. Subchapter S, and aligning financial and tax interests of buyers and sellers.
Thursday, July 21, 2022
- Like-Kind Exchanges Conference – The Like-Kind Exchanges Conference examines the various aspects of like-kind exchanges and their impact on taxes and investments, including ethical issues, structuring like-kind exchanges, legislative updates, partnerships and LLC exchanges, safe harbor, and tenancy-in-common issues.
To register for the sessions and to view the latest detailed agenda for each conference, visit here: https://bit.ly/39YO8MX. Participants qualify for CPE and CLE credits.
Registration and Vaccination Compliance
All conference participants must be registered to attend the conference in advance of the event. Registrants will be required to confirm their willingness to comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols, which will be updated as needed in subsequent communications, and posted onsite.
All attendees, including conference speakers, must provide proof of vaccination, including the booster, for event access and compliance with NYU’s COVID-19 protocols. To enter meeting spaces during the event, attendees should be prepared to show paper or digital documentation of full COVID-19 vaccination status and an official form of ID.
NYU SPS realizes that not everyone may be comfortable attending in-person events or able to travel at this time. In coordination with myLawCLE, the School offers registrants the opportunity to participate virtually. For more information, visit the Virtual Attendance Options tab on the event website.